joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 14-15 2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow a good deal lighter now in Port Jeff...some of those heavy bands that were sitting over the area have shifted east.

Echoes have been strengthening as they move east of NYC and out over LI...in some systems, they weaken...but the snow that had briefly slackened in Port Jeff has picked up again.  Even if the 2nd part of the storm eludes us...we can at least get as much as we can from the first part...now a little more than 2 1/2 hours old out here...and it has been excellent. 

Echoes have been strengthening as they move east of NYC and out over LI...in some systems, they weaken...but the snow that had briefly slackened in Port Jeff has picked up again. Even if the 2nd part of the storm eludes us...we can at least get as much as we can from the first part...now a little more than 2 1/2 hours old out here...and it has been excellent.

It just loves to snow in you're area!!!! Year after year it never fails. You have been the jackpot in tons of storms.

This time though it's going to be to you're east

It just loves to snow in you're area!!!! Year after year it never fails. You have been the jackpot in tons of storms.

This time though it's going to be to you're east

As of 5:30 PM snow has again become moderate to heavy in the Port Jeff  / Mt Sinai area...and I'm in a borderline state of shock as we now have 13.5 inches of snow on the ground...and 3 new inches on the day...I never expected it to come down so hard (the 1st part that is).  Usually, the rule of thumb with most snow events out here is "start badly, end well"...but not today. 

No sht I'm not stupid. But it would be nice if part one worked out. I still like 3" in cpk

The real loser is back home where they just missed.

Taking a walk through riverside park beautiful place with pixie dust now falling

Love that park.  I might be moving to Battery Park City, going to enjoy having better access to that whole west side of greenway up through Riverside.

Back to obs, pixie dust over here in midtown now too.  Waiting for the high winds and snow later.

I work for the Staten Island Ferry. It's beautiful down here

Yea, I'm starting to miss green space living in midtown.

Looks like some pretty good squalls down in VA/DC metro.  Saw a timelapse of someone driving down I-81 to I-64 from Harrisonburg, VA to Fishersville, VA and there were some pockets of 0 visibility.

Yea, I'm starting to miss green space living in midtown.

Looks like some pretty good squalls down in VA/DC metro. Saw a timelapse of someone driving down I-81 to I-64 from Harrisonburg, VA to Fishersville, VA and there were some pockets of 0 visibility.

I don't understand how you could go from living in the beautiful countryside with trees and a yard and a house to a box in a concrete jungle. If city is all you know, that's one thing. But for you it's not.

This is really weird, we've had pretty moderate snow here and it just kind of sits at 1/4-1/2" on most surfaces. Was forecasted to get 3"-5" tonight with another 1-3" tomorrow,  not so sure about that for this area -- maybe people extreme north and east of here on the Island. 

This is really weird, we've had pretty moderate snow here and it just kind of sits at 1/4-1/2" on most surfaces. Was forecasted to get 3"-5" tonight with another 1-3" tomorrow,  not so sure about that for this area -- maybe people extreme north and east of here on the Island. 

Ive got just under 2.5" to your northeast...

Archived