Newest Member
    joxey
February 14-15 2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it looks awful for nyc and most of LI

it sure does the only thing that could save us is as the low is moving offshore and the inverted trough stalls over our area and back builds the precip which is currently doing around northwestern New Jersey. Its so unpredictable though!

it sure does the only thing that could save us is as the low is moving offshore and the inverted trough stalls over our area and back builds the precip which is currently doing around northwestern New Jersey. Its so unpredictable though!

I do think there's a decent chance it pivots north as the storm moves NE....but too little too late.

Very light snow falling here, I look to be on the northern edge of the developing inverted trough, at least for now. Estimated accumulation a coating to a half an inch, 24.8 degrees.

Rtd - seriously?  You're maybe 5-6 miles NE of me and you got 1/2" and I got 3.5"?  That's an incredible gradient - sorry you didn't cash in on that band.  

Stinks that NYC just can't get a break this winter. Shifts north when need south, south when north, east when need west. And a shout out to all of you that were banging the GFS's drum. It didn't verify - it hasn't in really any of the past few storms - but somehow we'll keep hearing how good it's been. Can we finally stop with that?

Rtd - seriously?  You're maybe 5-6 miles NE of me and you got 1/2" and I got 3.5"?  That's an incredible gradient - sorry you didn't cash in on that band.  

We got lucky with that squall here in northern Middlesex county. It's not even bothering me that the inverted trough is setting up too far south for us. To get 3 inches of snow in such a short period of time was an incredible experience.

Archived