joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 14-15 2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy dendrites, Batman!  Just got 3" of new snow in 1 hour; 3.25" on the ground and still snowing moderately.  For one 20 min period, I got 1.5" in heavy, heavy snow with visib maybe 1/8 of a mile.  Wow, just wow.  Must be 15-20 to 1 ratios - was able to use a broom to move all the snow aside in minutes.  Freakin' gorgeous outside - get away from your keyboards if you're lucky enough to get in a band like this one.  

Just a few light flurries now.  Picked up another 1/4" in the last hour, putting my total at 3.5" today.  Radar looking like it's building back towards the NW from my SE and S, so maybe we'll get back in on the action soon.  Given my forecast for 3-5" this morning, which was lowered to 2-4" this afternoon, I'll take 3.5" in the heaviest snow I've seen this year and probably in a few years (although the last one always seems the most impressive - I should take videos to truly compare).  Winds finally starting to pick up here and temps are dropping (24F now) - just finished "shoveling" what was left with the broom.  Hope it doesn't all blow back on my driveway and sidewalk, lol.  

Archived