joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 14-15 2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a few light flurries now.  Picked up another 1/4" in the last hour, putting my total at 3.5" today.  Radar looking like it's building back towards the NW from my SE and S, so maybe we'll get back in on the action soon.  Given my forecast for 3-5" this morning, which was lowered to 2-4" this afternoon, I'll take 3.5" in the heaviest snow I've seen this year and probably in a few years (although the last one always seems the most impressive - I should take videos to truly compare).  Winds finally starting to pick up here and temps are dropping (24F now) - just finished "shoveling" what was left with the broom.  Hope it doesn't all blow back on my driveway and sidewalk, lol.  

Final update for tonight.  Got another 1/4" of snow over the last 2 hours or so, to bring my total to 3.75" for the storm.  Looks like the snow is just about over for at least awhile, if not completely.  Just some flurries now.  Let's hope the Tuesday event pans out now.  

Sorry to hear so many in North Jersey and NYC didn't do so well, but most of you guys got a lot more than we did in the snow to rain scenarios and NYC sitll did much better than us during the "blizzard" (10-13" vs. my 7").  Nice to see folks down in Philly and South Jersey finally get an overperforming storm, as most of that area got 2-4" - got 3.5" in my hometown of Washington Twp. in Gloucester County; some areas in Monmouth/Ocean look like they're going to get 5-7".  

5 inches and still snowing here in Marlboro, NJ Monmouth County. Winds are howling with near whiteout conditions at times.

about the same here just up the rd in Monroe.  Winds howling (house shaking)

temps down to 15f here

elsewhere temps are ;

ne_curtemp_720x486.jpg

This snow is going to be a bear to plow....2.5 inches approximately in Belle Mead

Why so?  Plow guys came by an hour ago on our street and seemed to have no difficulties.  Luckily I got to clear away what they deposited at the bottom of my driveway before it got a chance to freeze up from the salt/moisture. 

Mod snow and gusty winds

Thank God I have something to look forward to. The 239 to Babylon was delayed 20 min due to police activity aka drunk fights. The guy sitting a couple rows behind me keeps punching the wall. People, well everyone is screaming. Good times on the lirr

Looks like Nassau could get into the goods for an inch. And honestly I'm happy the upper west side got .2 I had fun chilling.

In Jamaica with the drunks on the train and haven't seen any vis out the window less then 1 mile. I hope it stalls over wantagh. What a sht show this train is. Everything and I mean everything goes wrong we have had three delays for police activity. Awesome!!

I don't miss taking those trains lol.

Here's a radar. http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=OKX-N0Q-1-24

Picked up speed lol.

Archived