Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Valentine's Day weekend storm discussion part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it looks like the RAP/HRRR will probably nail the location, there could be more than what the snow maps are showing. Parts of SNJ into CNJ could receive over half a foot I think.....interesting read Snowgoose.....this one could spare Boston the worst. However, I don't think even NYC really gets in on this, do you? Long Island yes, but not the city or nearby NJ

To me it is looking that central NJ is going to do the best, then off to eastern LI. The RAP seems to support this too.

Mitchel - always appreciate your insights here.  Just curious if you would include central Jersey north of the Raritan, up to say 78 in Middlesex and Somerset (I'm in the Edison area) in that assessment.  And are you speaking about doing best from the inverted trough later tonight or the incoming squall line or both? 

If the 0z RAP & HRRR verify...the snow will basically never make it up to Long Island & NYC...which, amazingly, will once again verify AG3's 1st Iron Rule of Forecasting....that the RGEM is absolutely deadly inside 24 hours. 

If the 0z RAP & HRRR verify...the snow will basically never make it up to Long Island & NYC...which, amazingly, will once again verify AG3's 1st Iron Rule of Forecasting....that the RGEM is absolutely deadly inside 24 hours.

0z NAM just pulled the plug.

If the 0z RAP & HRRR verify...the snow will basically never make it up to Long Island & NYC...which, amazingly, will once again verify AG3's 1st Iron Rule of Forecasting....that the RGEM is absolutely deadly inside 24 hours.

I was shocked when I saw the RGEM at 12z compared to the 6z. Nearly IDENTICAL with the band over SNJ. After that, the HRRR followed through with that idea. Probably up to an inch more for many of us in and around NYC. In the philly forum, they have received 2 inches in 30 minutes. No way people's don't get over 6 inches down there. Quite a disappointment here in NENJ and I'm not willing to put on the "ignore the models!!" snow goggles

I'm not convinced.  Obviously a long way to go and think we get some snow but the best clearly looks to be sliding underneath KNYC.

The wild card Is the IVT. I just like it where the Euro GEM and GFS have it. We always run the risk of being " jumped " with miller B s

But this break was modeled and I think the IVT does show up.

But I see your concern

Careful what you wish for...we wished this south and it sure went south!!!

We may not verify Upton's "minimum" snowfall forecast... anyone remember what that was for the blizzard?

If this doesn't verify, that's another major bust for them after pulling the stops out and issuing a Blizzard Warning.

0z NAM just pulled the plug.

The GEM LAM had a miss about 4 runs in a row...and I'm like...this is weird...because the GEM LAM is the model I trust most...and will probably continue to in the future. 

The wild card Is the IVT. I just like it where the Euro GEM and GFS have it. We always run the risk of being " jumped " with miller B s

But this break was modeled and I think the IVT does show up.

But I see your concern

As Phil mentioned earlier, the IVT may set up where that approaching squall line near Allentown stalls and pivots, I think that is the hope for the immediate metro.

Careful what you wish for...we wished this south and it sure went south!!!

We may not verify Upton's "minimum" snowfall forecast... anyone remember what that was for the blizzard?

Lol you are correct it sure did go south! For some reason this one has me just as disappointed as the blizzard! Before the blizzard I just knew something wasn't right. This one, until the RGEM confirmed and the HRRR remained consistent, I really thought it might over perform. We need the southern stream (and Tuesday I'm sure will go SOUTH) lol it's comical

Archived