• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Valentine's Day weekend storm discussion part 2

Sickman

I'll cry if that squall line disintegrates and that blossoming batch of precip heading towards Philly/Trenton slides by just to our southeast, staying south of the Raritan - looks like a close call.  I know it's not just about watching existing radar returns and gauging their movement, i.e., precip bands will be generated under the right conditions where no precip previously was falling, but I also hate seeing existing bands miss.  

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RELAX. The RAP and HRRR are wrong . Click on the MT HOLLY RADAR.

It's coming.

As my boy Josh would say. credit .

Respectfully have to disagree. The radar matches the models for the most part. The precip crosses into NJ then sags south and east. I don't think any of us south of Monmouth do well at all with this, and looking at the radar loop it's quite evident

I dont know why people cant be patient. We ARE adults. Please take a seep breath and just LOOK a tthe radars please & simply project from there. You dont know need two PHDS in physics and Met. to understand things will be MUCH improved within than less than 2 hours. Plus you do see lightening off the Delmarva and understand what that means rright?

so... Breathe.... DEEPLY!

Respectfully have to disagree. The radar matches the models for the most part. The precip crosses into NJ then sags south and east. I don't think any of us south of Monmouth do well at all with this, and looking at the radar loop it's quite evident

My comments were aimed at KNYC and L I crew

famartin made a great point on the Philly forum - that the squall line never really weakened, but rather it just passed through an area with poor radar coverage.  Looks pretty healthy again - don't think we're usually caring that much about snow squall lines in Central PA - it's usually way more about bands approaching from coastal storms...

I dont know why people cant be patient. We ARE adults. Please take a seep breath and just LOOK a tthe radars please & simply project from there. You dont know need two PHDS in physics and Met. to understand things will be MUCH improved within than less than 2 hours. Plus you do see lightening off the Delmarva and understand what that means rright?

I think most of us are just relaying what the models say lol... I Wasn't expecting much to begin with so it doesn't matter to me where the norlun sets in, the short terms are pretty bad that's all

this

Archived