Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Valentine's Day weekend storm discussion part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good Iron Rule of Forecasting to remember before a potential snowstorm in NYC is: "Choose the model that yields either the least or second least amount of snow."

Parts of that area got their 3-5" already... I'm sitting on a dusting over a glaciated pack ... kind of a bootleg winter here, a real low budget film compared to the epic blockbuster of a season they've had. 

/vent

Literally, , at most , have scratched out 1/2 inch in Kew gardens. awaiting the squall and the IVT & putting on my ptimistic patient face :D

Another good Iron Rule of Forecasting to remember before a potential snowstorm in NYC is: "Choose the model that yields either the least or second least amount of snow."

Growing up near Danbury, Ct., I'd have agreed with this ... though I've lived here for 5 winters now and many times NYC has been a snow magnet, as I'm sure you are aware.

Awaiting retort with esoteric movie quote...

It would not take a huge shift north to throw some snows up over Long Island after midnight...all the 0z models ingested the same data...so I would not entirely rule out some snows out there overnight...I mean its not like there is some 1035 mb anticyclone over Quebec pushing everything out to sea.  It might still brush parts of the area overnight. 

It would not take a huge shift north to throw some snows up over Long Island after midnight...all the 0z models ingested the same data...so I would not entirely rule out some snows out there overnight...I mean its not like there is some 1035 mb anticyclone over Quebec pushing everything out to sea. It might still brush parts of the area overnight.

You get nothing, you lose! Good day sir!

Growing up near Danbury, Ct., I'd have agreed with this ... though I've lived here for 5 winters now and many times NYC has been a snow magnet, as I'm sure you are aware.

Awaiting retort with esoteric movie quote...

Danbury is a snow town...I always draw a line from Danbury to the Delaware Water Gap and say, "N&W of this line, most years will have an adequate amount of snow."  It is north of that line that decent winters year after year can generally be anticipated. 

Nam says no snow for nyc

I like how people react with posts of "relax" when reality is being interjected.  This will probably still yield an inch or two with the arctic front but it won't be the event numbers that many were touting.

Archived