e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other one is Frosty - he acts like he never gets snow, but he cleans house in every event we have in the forum

Yeah Big Frosty is going to get a couple good events every winter. Why did I stay up for this? I'm sure the ensembles will show a better solution, which will inevitably cave to the more amped and warmer solution of the op. Or there will be plenty of people saying why the GFS is out to lunch.

Yeah Big Frosty is going to get a couple good events every winter. Why did I stay up for this? I'm sure the ensembles will show a better solution, which will inevitably cave to the more amped and warmer solution of the op. Or there will be plenty of people saying why the GFS is out to lunch.

Honestly, isn't it coming close to time to stop paying as much attention to the ensembles and putting more emphasis on the operational models?  I usually hear 72 hours as the magic number.

In Euro Op we trust

Will this be a 1973 Atlanta disaster ice storm?? I posted this in the Ice Storm thread as well.  It was not fun at all. 

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/13/us/atlanta-1973-ice-storm/

It was much much worse than this article portrays it, and he makes it look bad, lol.  I hate that stuff with a passion since I had to live thru that.  Hope I never see any zrain again, but climo says I will, over, and over, and over, lol.  We had that little piddling storm last year, and I'm still having trees go over, or limbs falling from it, even today.... lost some good trees during that, and it was nothing compared to what Augusta got last year, and 73 was worse that that. 

But this isn't that storm, unless the storm gets wound up a lot and over 2 inches of rain falls at the airport  :)  Thank goodness they just don't happen like that very often.  I saw another down here in the early 80's that was really bad, but probably only 1 1/2 inches of ice so it was maybe half of 73, but we had bonfires for weeks cleaning up the limbs. I lost power for 10 days with that, but only 7 or 8 in 73.  Those two are all I ever want to see...I'll take cold rain over zr every time.  T

well duh you do....LMBO I don't care at this point...I don't/didn't expect anything here expect maybe when the low is pulling away.

I would love to see everyone on the board get some action...with that said, WNC is overdue for a big one. If it's not a big one I'd rather see everyone else get something because we have had several dustings this season

This is a track issue causing the temps to rise.  Totally different than what Lookout was talking about.

0z GFS snow totals

GyfLYil.gif

I would gladly take that, and it is only through noon. Still think it is too warm and things will end up going a tick south. We will end up somewhere in the middle of the south trend we had before and the north trend we have now

Archived