joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bar graphs for the EPS are now out.  Looks like a little over 6" at GSO.  Do note that there's another threat that the EPS is picking up on around D9 that shoots the mean snowfall towards 8", but that is irrelevant.

KGSO: 6.1"

KCLT: 6.5"

KPGV: 6"

KRDU: 6.75"

KFAY: 6"

KMWK: 5" (Mt. Airy)

KAVL: 7"

KGSP: 7"

KCAE: 3.9"

KATL: 3.6"

Keep in mind some of that might not be snow, and probably isn't, especially for areas S/E.  For GSO, MWK, etc., it probably is all-snow or close to it, however.

The bar graphs for the EPS are now out.  Looks like a little over 6" at GSO.  Do note that there's another threat that the EPS is picking up on around D9 that shoots the mean snowfall towards 8", but that is irrelevant.

KGSO: 6.1"

KCLT: 6.5"

KPGV: 6"

KRDU: 6.75"

KFAY: 6"

KMWK: 5" (Mt. Airy)

KAVL: 7"

KGSP: 7"

KCAE: 3.9"

KATL: 3.6"

Keep in mind some of that might not be snow, and probably isn't, especially for areas S/E.  For GSO, MWK, etc., it probably is all-snow or close to it, however.

Thanks for posting. Are the numbers based on a 10:1 ratio?

NAM, has its issues, as we all know, but I do like what its doing with temps at 2m.  Makes MUCH more sense with a VERY DRY air mass initially, and then it locks it in and enhances the cold pool.  Even down to Macon.  EURO is VERY close around here as well.  NAM does have some IP/ZR here, EURO is like 3 degrees or so from it.  This is going to be a VERY tight fit.  But its the best shot we have had all freakin' year.

NAM, has its issues, as we all know, but I do like what its doing with temps at 2m.  Makes MUCH more sense with a VERY DRY air mass initially, and then it locks it in and enhances the cold pool.  Even down to Macon.  EURO is VERY close around here as well.  NAM does have some IP/ZR here, EURO is like 3 degrees or so from it.  This is going to be a VERY tight fit.  But its the best shot we have had all freakin' year.

Yeah, my spot forecast is going with 32 and rain Tuesday night, lol.  I guess they think freezing rain, but they don't say it :)  Lot of bet hedging going on, and well there should be.  Tony

Folks, you need to realize your local national weather service will always remain super conservative until it's beyond obvious. This is how they have always been and will always be, stop fretting over what they are saying at this point.

They definitely do that. Their official forecast right now for GSP is for more snow than anything else. Even with what they're calling for at this time, from Monday afternoon through Wednesday morning sounds pretty exciting to say the least. Sounds like this could indeed be a long duration event kinda like last year. I couldn't believe that one was as long as it was, but I'll take another one.

Archived