joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 17-18 Event

moneypitmike

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flow is open... and rather compressed, with deep geopotential height medium amid the broad cyclonic flow, abutting/producing lots of gradient on the south and east aspects of the L/W; quite naturally this means fast flow.   

These open wave/inflection type lows will tend to exceed the modeling in translation timing ...starting and ending both before the consensus would have it. That might atone for some of the switching from Wed more toward Tues... Also, keying in on perhaps earlier impulses in the flow.  Also, because of the progressive nature, the amounts would probably be less, if perhaps offset by the fact that unlike the previous four events, this one has a south or quasi-south origin being that it is more intermediate/southern stream in origin. That latter fact means that it will innately bring a higher PWAT availability with it... So a take and give there -

The flow is open... and rather compressed, with deep geopotential height medium amid the broad cyclonic flow, abutting/producing lots of gradient on the south and east aspects of the L/W; quite naturally this means fast flow.   

These open wave/inflection type lows will tend to exceed the modeling in translation timing ...starting and ending both before the consensus would have it. That might atone for some of the switching from Wed more toward Tues... Also, keying in on perhaps earlier impulses in the flow.  Also, because of the progressive nature, the amounts would probably be less, if perhaps offset by the fact that unlike the previous four events, this one has a south or quasi-south origin being that it is more intermediate/southern stream in origin. That latter fact means that it will innately bring a higher PWAT availability with it... So a take and give there -

And if the track continues to suck, it's all just academic.

Huh? Consensus is moving towards a general 2-4 or 3-6 inches... Basically a dusting compared to what is currently on the ground

He always does that ... swoops in and makes some post that is precisely the opposite of what the trends/consensus are/is.  Not sure if that is deliberate for fanning hype flames, or if he's just a lovable moron - but it is what it is...

Also, that 00z UKMET solution would be hard pressed to be a widespread warning... That's 10 MM ... that's millimeters, which converts to ~ .4" liq eg. 

He always does that ... swoops in and makes some post that is precisely the opposite of what the trends/consensus are/is.  Not sure if that is deliberate for fanning hype flames, or if he's just a lovable moron - but it is what it is...

Also, that 00z UKMET solution would be hard pressed to be a widespread warning... That's 10 MM ... that's millimeters, which converts to ~ .4" liq eg. 

10-15 mm = 0.4-0.6 at 15-20:1 ratios(per BOX discussion) = 6-12" in 12 hours = warning criteria.

I'd probably lean in the 2-4 range for BOS-HFD line and SE...perhaps we could get a weenie band near the Cape or south coast of RI...C-2 NW of that.

I do think that 2nd bit of energy will induce some additional inverted trough snows on Wednesday...but probably this will mostly accumulate in the NNE mountains, but maybe an inch or so down in our area.

I'd probably lean in the 2-4 range for BOS-HFD line and SE...perhaps we could get a weenie band near the Cape or south coast of RI...C-2 NW of that.

I do think that 2nd bit of energy will induce some additional inverted trough snows on Wednesday...but probably this will mostly accumulate in the NNE mountains, but maybe an inch or so down in our area.

Best part.barely look at day 11-15, too busy near term but then again same old story same old song and dance my friend.

10-15 mm = 0.4-0.6 at 15-20:1 ratios(per BOX discussion) = 6-12" in 12 hours = warning criteria.

except 10MM was bound by Extreme SE mass and Cape cod.  so for Cape cod the most bullish model with great ratio's shows 6-12.

So nothing is showing a bit hit, that I can see

I'm glad its not rain, and we just add to the pack.

If you really stop and think about this period, it Is mind blowing in So many ways .....no thaws...Pow Pow after Pow Pow inside I-95....-10 below ave for the month, beating all time monthly record in half the month of February.

Far and away thou, I Can't Comprehend how has a  Boston top 3 winter , when they were below 6" on Jan 23.  It's Feb 15'th for Christ's sakes.

He always does that ... swoops in and makes some post that is precisely the opposite of what the trends/consensus are/is. Not sure if that is deliberate for fanning hype flames, or if he's just a lovable moron - but it is what it is...

:lol:

The SOP when it starts to look worse is just toss a rogue post out there about how good things look.

:lol:

The SOP when it starts to look worse is just toss a rogue post out there about how good things look.

What do you think about the IVT look for VT this week? You are better versed in Green Mountain climo than me..I'll be up at KMart. It looks like Wendesday and Wed night could be decent fluff up in the Greens. I know the central Greens aren't the same as the northern Greens...but they can act somewhat similar at times.

Seems like several inches of fluff is a decent possibility.

Archived