• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 17-18 Event

moneypitmike

Not pin-worthy yet, but the event next week could certainly be interesting,  How much snow comes in before the taint? 

Looks delicious for the hinterlands.  I never saw the words "might be heavy at times" in a forecast this far out in time.  Probably a typo.  :)

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy. Much colder with lows around 10 below. Wind chill values as low as 30 below.

Washingtons Birthday: Sunny. Cold with highs zero to 5 above zero. Wind chill values as low as 30 below.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy. Cold with lows around zero. Wind chill values as low as 15 below.

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Not as cold with highs around 20.

Tuesday Night: Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Snow may be heavy at times. Not as cool with lows around 15.

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Highs in the upper 20s.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has a lot of promise, but I want to see one more bump north today at 12z to start thinking about more than a 1-3" kind of deal considering that the trend will likely reverse a bit back the other way as they usually do after making huge leaps. Last nights UKMET and to an extent Euro did that, if the others can trend to that depiction or better, we're looking good for a SNE wide advisory event I think.

Nice thing about this is there will be a lot fewer screwzones, not really a storm where you're reliant on good banding to get into big totals and if you don't, you're screwed. Should be a fairly even distribution region wide.

Curious as to why some are calling this a sure hit when most of the modeling I've seen and heard about has it staying mostly south. GFS certainly looks like a graze at best. Is it just the belief among many posters that these things inevitabley trend north? What did the Euro show last night? 

Curious as to why some are calling this a sure hit when most of the modeling I've seen and heard about has it staying mostly south. GFS certainly looks like a graze at best. Is it just the belief among many posters that these things inevitabley trend north? What did the Euro show last night? 

The only one calling it a sure hit is Kevin(And no guidance supports a regionwide 6-12 right now except maybe the Ukie), but folks are optimistic because of the north trend on guidance and that the Euro/Ukie are now nice hits.

0z Euro

.1" from the NY/MA/VT tripoint to MHT to extreme SW ME and south.

.25" from DXR-HFD-BOS and south

.35" from HPN-BDR-HVN-PYM and south

.4-.5" Cape and Islands

All at elevated ratios.

it may end up being more of  a CNE and SNE storm..but ensembles all are solid hits. Noone should be looking at qpf amounts now..just that the setup supports a hit

The only one calling it a sure hit is Kevin(And no guidance supports a regionwide 6-12 right now except maybe the Ukie), but folks are optimistic because of the north trend on guidance and that the Euro/Ukie are now nice hits.

0z Euro

.1" from the NY/MA/VT tripoint to MHT to extreme SW ME and south.

.25" from DXR-HFD-BOS and south

.35" from HPN-BDR-HVN-PYM and south

.4-.5" Cape and Islands

All at elevated ratios.

Thanks for the Euro numbers. From what I've seen there is no north trend in the modeling; it's actually trended further south/east since a couple days ago. But I know there's a perception that these almost always come north, and with the season SNE has had I guess I can understand why some would expect every storm to be a hit.

Thanks for the Euro numbers. From what I've seen there is no north trend in the modeling; it's actually trended further south/east since a couple days ago. But I know there's a perception that these almost always come north, and with the season SNE has had I guess I can understand why some would expect every storm to be a hit.

It's trended north dramatically over the past day or so when it was a miss for a day or two before that, but you're right, this was originally a NNE storm with p-type issues in SNE before it trended way south through a SNE hit into a fish storm.

SREFS are a bit south of the 3z run, but are still 0.25"+ for all of SNE and 0.10"+ regionwide.

Yesterday the op models had it OTS for everyone. It's come hundreds of miles north

Archived