joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 14-15 Flizzard and Wind Event

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sick of hearing about Boston. It would be cool to see but it's been so played out at this pt. Cape Cod blizzard is on my bucket list though. I'd be nervous it shifts back east a bit either way.

yes...I just need to get Randy off this Boston blizzard idea. The jackpot will probably be in Maine. If I can get snow on snow in a beautiful setting 3 hours away, I see no reason to go to New england.

I'm seriously considering it just for fun. I can only go early sunday. Sat is out. I texted my buddy who has a condo in deep creek to see if I could have the keys sunday...he's taking his boys to ski powder. Doh. If I go it's an up and back. Lotta driving.

I'm pretty sick of hearing about Boston. It would be cool to see but it's been so played out at this pt. Cape Cod blizzard is on my bucket list though. I'd be nervous it shifts back east a bit either way.

as sick as most of us are hearing about it, the weenies in NY are really dying

somebody not too far west of the city only has 15" for the year...that's a truly bitter pill if you're a weenie and equivalent to PHL having 70"+ vs. our current stats

I'm seriously considering it just for fun. I can only go early sunday. Sat is out. I texted my buddy who has a condo in deep creek to see if I could have the keys sunday...he's taking his boys to ski powder. Doh. If I go it's an up and back. Lotta driving.

it's an easy drive though not sure how good sunday will be.  I will be driving around finding the best stuff.  Tucker probably, but Garrett/Preston could be good too.

problem is, it's another hour+ to Deep Creek, isn't it, once you get to the Garrett Co. border?

all I need to satisfy my fix is to get to Frostburg; and since they're on the plateau, it's not so bad

take your wife and stop at Hagerstown outlets...some decent stores in there

problem is, it's another hour+ to Deep Creek, isn't it, once you get to the Garrett Co. border?

all I need to satisfy my fix is to get to Frostburg; and since they're on the plateau, it's not so bad

I could see an advisory for Saturday...outside chance at a warning

it's an hour to deep creek from cumberland.

I wouldn't go to DC unless I could stay the night. Savage/Frostburg/Dan's rock would be it. Maybe keyser's. As matt said, sunday prob isn't worth it for snow falling. Ground blizzards and frigid temps are always fun to walk around in and then jumping back into a warm truck. My boy loves nasty winter weather. Wonder why? Lol

I know a few good spots on the Eastern Shore that should get rocked on Sunday if the wind verifies. Should be some nice freezing spray and big waves rolling in. Throw in flizzard conditions and I'm set.

A drive out to black walnut point would be fun. Big fetch with wnw-nw winds. Rip rap along the road near the radio towers would be a glacier.

GFS gives us a 2-3 hour snow tomorrow.  Biggest impediment is the surface will be mid 30s

People try to generalize clipper trends for an entire season, but clippers are usually case-by-case for our area unless we're looking at multiple ones within a week. For this one, it's the very typical NAM vs. GFS battle inside of 24-hrs for a clipper passing north of us--- precip or no precip.

People try to generalize clipper trends for an entire season, but clippers are usually case-by-case for our area unless we're looking at multiple ones within a week. For this one, it's the very typical NAM vs. GFS battle inside of 24-hrs for a clipper passing north of us--- precip or no precip.

yes...tomorrow might be better than saturday's 20 minute squall if it doesn't really perform.

Archived