Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net

bluewave

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the coldest morning relative to records and maybe even normals for most of the younger members on the board.

Anyone know when the last time cpk broke a record daily by 5 degrees or more?

I believe it was Christmas 1980 and January 17, 1977.

12/25

-1 in 1980

4 in 1983

5 in 1872

1/17

-2 in 1977

0 in 1982

5 in 1893

I believe it was Christmas 1980 and January 17, 1977.

12/25

-1 in 1980

4 in 1983

5 in 1872

1/17

-2 in 1977

0 in 1982

5 in 1893

Wow all of that before I was born and I'm not that young!!! Really shows how impressive this is.

Funny thing is if you go the other direction I'm sure we have been over a record high by 5 degrees 50 times in the last 35 years

Wow all of that before I was born and I'm not that young!!! Really shows how impressive this is.

Funny thing is if you go the other direction I'm sure we have been over a record high by 5 degrees 50 times in the last 35 years

It just feels more impressive these days to break a record low temp rather than a high.

Eh. I think we just pay the lows more mind because we're winter fanatics...

I might be a bit more neutral. I like summer weather just as much as winter. I am all about extremes- dont care if they are cold, hot, wet, snowy.  I am just going on gut feeling here, but it just seems easier to hit a record high the last several years than a record low.  

It's one of the rare times that the coldest monthly temperature departures in the Northern Hemisphere are located

over SE Canada into the NE US.

Thanks for posting that!! I had to go in to work early so I didn't get to the bay today.

Look at the random ice in the sound! Assuming that's what that is I don't think I have ever seen that. And the gsb is completely frozen!!!!

I might be a bit more neutral. I like summer weather just as much as winter. I am all about extremes- dont care if they are cold, hot, wet, snowy. I am just going on gut feeling here, but it just seems easier to hit a record high the last several years than a record low.

With an overall warming climate the distibution curve shifts to the right favoring more record highs than record lows.

Thanks for posting that!! I had to go in to work early so I didn't get to the bay today.

Look at the random ice in the sound! Assuming that's what that is I don't think I have ever seen that. And the gsb is completely frozen!!!!

The ice closed Montauk Harbor today.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/weather-ice-closes-montauk-harbor-1.9959766

Boat traffic in and out of Long Island's largest fishing port in Montauk was at a standstill Friday as extreme cold weather and an influx of ice blocks from nearby waterways blocked the harbor.

"The harbor here is basically frozen," said Ismael Velasquez, petty officer at the Coast Guard station in Montauk. "We have two to three inches of ice in the harbor."

Archived