joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/12-13 Potential Coastal Storm Threat

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just looked at the 12z gfs and compared it to the 0z gfs. A lot of pieces in the setup look different by a lot. It kind of looks like one of those over-corrected gfs runs. I think the gfs will probably go back east at 0z just a hunch though.

I just looked at the 12z gfs and compared it to the 0z gfs. A lot of pieces in the setup look different by a lot. It kind of looks like one of those over-corrected gfs runs. I think the gfs will probably go back east at 0z just a hunch though.

Possible, but the 6z GFS was similar & the GGEM looks like GFS as well...

depending on the Euro... could conceivably end this current event and wake tomorrow in a continuous watch/warn scenario.  

wow

Might be a little early for the watches to go up before the current warnings expire, but if the euro hops on board and confidence is there, combined with the snow removal challenge in the populated areas that could be hit, it would be reasonable for public notice. Interesting scenario.

lol, and wow, all at the same time.  less than 3 weeks ago I was crying about the lake formed next to my house due to frozen ground and way too much rain.  Just now I was shoveling snow over a 5 foot bank.

If something like this verifies.  Wow for many.

What's the 1717 story?  I've seen some of those crazy drawings showing endless snow depths, but where and what are the snowfall comparisons that we are talking about here?

Same [longwave] storm, right?

;)   Yeah I was just contemplating that philosophy and how much is certainly seems that way.  We're in a Terran version of a Red Spot as a poor analogy.. . Either way, has to life cycle before it ends, and do so with a chain of events.   Fascinating -

Archived