• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2/12-2/13 Potential

EasternLI

Upton's not wild about any of these threats. AN ACTIVE UPPER NORTHERN STREAM WILL BRING A COUPLE OF SHORTWAVES THROUGH THE REGION WEDNESDAY NIGHT NIGHT AND SATURDAY NIGHT. WHILE AT THE SURFACE ONE LOW IS EXPECTED TO MOVE ACROSS THE AREA WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY...MOVING OFF THE DELMARVA THURSDAY NIGHT AND INTENSIFY...AND MOVE TO THE NORTHEAST BY FRIDAY MORNING. COLD AIR WILL BE IN PLACE AND AN ALL LIGHT SNOW EVENT IS FORECAST. AT THIS TIME WITH THE STORM QUICK MOVING A COUPLE OF INCHES OF SNOW ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE. MUCH COLDER AIR MOVES INTO THE AREA BEHIND THE DEPARTING LOW THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY NIGHT AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TO THE WEST. THE HIGH QUICKLY WEAKENS AS ANOTHER SURFACE LOW MOVES OUT OF CENTRAL CANADA AND TRACKS WEST AND SOUTH...MOVING OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST SATURDAY NIGHT. THE AREA WILL BE ON THE EDGE OF THE PRECIPITATION SHIELD WITH THIS LOW...WITH RATHER LIGHT PRECIPITATION...AND WILL HAVE ONLY SLIGHT CHANCE POPS LATE SATURDAY INTO SATURDAY NIGHT. WITH A COLD AIRMASS IN PLACE AS THE LOW TRACKS THROUGH LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED. THE COLD AIR WILL BE RE ENFORCED BEHIND THE LOW WITH TEMPERATURES POSSIBLY THE COLDEST OF THE WINTER SEASON SUNDAY NIGHT...WITH LOWS BELOW ZERO ACROSS MUCH OF THE INLAND...AND APPROACHING ZERO NEAR THE COAST.

That is from earlier... they should update shortly.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually think the chances of this coming west are much greater than east...PNA should get the job done and all other teleconnections look favorable except the NAO which is marginal but at least neutral. The Ridge axis being as far west as it is tells me this shortwave should have time and space to come more poleward before heading east .

I like this threat way more than the one a couple of days later, I think it's this one or the other one misses, the positioning of everything looks way more favorable to me

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/lowtracks/lowtrack_ensembles.gif

Point One

red line enhanced for clarity

a track on the north side of this guidance

is not that unreasonable ATM- imo

Point Two-small red circles

that is an amazing spread for the Outlier locations just 72 hrs out

This post is NOT AN OFFICIAL FORECAST and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution  For Official Information please refer to the WPC and NWS products.

Archived