Toothache
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bobs threat  early next week looks lousy on EPS but JMA loves you

JMA looks like Highzenberg's Miller A, just a day+ earlier

if there was ever going to be a year where we actually scored big with a Miller A, it would be this year

I've never seen H5's dig so far south repeatedly as this year

wowzers on the GFS at 234

That's weird.   Just looking at the 500, I would think that thing would cut off to our west with that flow.  There's no confluence.  Yet the 850's are cold, as is the surface, and the low is down in the Gulf off the coast of the FL panhandle.  Something doesn't seem to match, but that's only a cursory look.

That is for Baltimore.. I did the soundings already.  for me, its brief sleet to fun rain

I checked BWI soundings and it is snow through 69 hours, which is around .1" qpf

then, another .36" falls the next 3 hrs. and it transitions to freezing rain at the end of that 3 hrs., which takes you to 72 hrs. on the run

the rest that falls is rain, but surface temps ain't so bad

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAM80km/NAM_kbwi.txt

I checked BWI soundings and it is snow through 69 hours, which is around .1" qpf

then, another .36" falls the next 3 hrs. and it transitions to freezing rain at the end of that 3 hrs., which takes you to 72 hrs. on the run

the rest that falls is rain, but surface temps ain't so bad

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAM80km/NAM_kbwi.txt

a different text output product for BWI

change the last 3 letters on the url before ".tzt" for other stations, but it is a limited number in that they don't have the smaller towns

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAMSFC/NAM_Kbwi.txt

See Mitch's post above

See that is the problem.  I am 23 miles north northeast of BWI with an elevation of 500 Ft... BWI only sits at 110 Ft.  That could make all the difference to hold on to the wintry precip.  I think KMNT is closer station but still not quite the same climo 

Is there a site where I can go and plot latitude and longitude instead of a station?

See that is the problem.  I am 23 miles north northeast of BWI with an elevation of 500 Ft... BWI only sits at 110 Ft.  That could make all the difference to hold on to the wintry precip.  I think KMNT is closer station but still not quite the same climo 

Is there a site where I can go and plot latitude and longitude instead of a station?

154', not that it matters   lol

Archived