• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31-February 2nd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

Howdy guys, I'm on the northern end here. The north movement was a good sign for me. I wish it would move more north and at the same time keep the southern end put. lol. Oh well, I seen forecasts for 1" in the northern part of my county to up to 6" for the southern end. Looks like a squeeze play going on for my county. lol At least it's better than the 1-3" clipper storm.

Mike

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys have had some great analysis on here, thanks for that. It doesn't get much better than an event that ramps up as we get closer. It would be something if this storm can get into that top 10 list for Chicago snowfalls.

In case anyone is wondering... the list:

1. 23.0 inches Jan 26-27, 1967
  2. 21.6 inches Jan 1-3, 1999
  3. 21.2 inches Jan 31-Feb 2, 2011
  4. 20.3 inches Jan 12-14, 1979
  5. 19.2 inches Mar 25-26, 1930
  6. 16.2 inches Mar 7-8, 1931
  7. 14.9 inches Jan 30, 1939 
  8. 14.9 inches Jan 6-7, 1918
  9. 14.8 inches Dec 17-19, 1929 
  10. 14.3 inches Mar 25-26, 1970

Everytime I check it's wagons north. Could be Jan 5th redux.

Yes! It continues to shift north with each run (besides the NAM, but not that big of a deal)

Thats a sign that something big is brewing... like a heatwave outside :D

For sure. I mentioned that a couple hours ago. Just above freezing here on the other side of the state. Most of the 12Z runs now show my area getting 6 to 10 inches. Not as much as you guys, but a good storm! If it keeps moving north, who knows..... :)

Not sure if this is old or not, but I forgot to check/post the snowfall forecast map from DTX.

attachicon.gif20150202_0000.png

That's fresh - the map this AM was about 1" less everywhere.

15Z SREF for DTW: 17" mean, range: 11.6"-22.8"

Temps: 20 deg at 12Z Sun to 15 deg at 00Z Mon. Brr.

EDIT: Very steady and not too fast snowfall rate. Total does not rely on any periods of very high rates.

Spitting some drizzle out there now at 36 degrees.  Still expecting some rain to mix in for awhile, but shouldn't be too big of a deal.  Hate to be wishy-washy but I think I'm gonna go back to my original 8-11" call for here/QC.  Gonna be a fun event.  

Finally got all my crap done, and off for next few days, so let it snow let it snow let it snow yo.   :snowing:

Now I gotta go back and read about 10+ pages from today lol.

Archived