• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

I don`t know anyone who would make a call outside 2 days after todays disaster for some . I would hold off on where , how much and just stick to what the pattern looks like and what the models are hinting at . We are 6 DAYS out , todays wound has not begun to scab over yet . I will wait a long time before I bite into anything

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don`t know anyone who would make a call outside 2 days after todays disaster for some . I would hold off on where , how much and just stick to what the pattern looks like and what the models are hinting at . We are 6 DAYS out , todays wound has not begun to scab over yet . I will wait a long time before I bite into anything

True. If we just stick to model runs and forego the prognostications, it might be better for everyone. But I guarantee we'll get pulled back in again and again.

People in NJ got the shaft. People on Li or even Queens see this set-up and might be a bit excited. People in NJ look at this and probably say, I'll believe it when I'm shoveling it.

i got the shaft and am looking forward to our next threats anyway. I've gone through the 5 stages of grief pretty quickly, 

"If you're going through hell - keep going" - Winston Churchill 

CNN weather guy said he believes GFS upgrade worked and is buying it from here on out, good luck...the next Miller A we get the Euro is gonna be thrown under the bus and everyone is gonna bust...well at least the mainstream media will, I trust the NWS to get it right.

it's not the first bust or the last...it was a bust for this area but not Boston...it was a half bust but the bust part effected more people than the none bust area's...

CNN weather guy said he believes GFS upgrade worked and is buying it from here on out, good luck...the next Miller A we get the Euro is gonna be thrown under the bus and everyone is gonna bust...well at least the mainstream media will, I trust the NWS to get it right.

I was reading this in an article this morning, that mets are very impressed with the new GFS. Let's see. I can only go by what you folks tell me.

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/ens/prec_f144_us.html

find a way to slow it down a bit......

Upper Jet is Hot   on the prog ATM  -quick all season-

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/data/gfs/18/gfs_atlantic_129_200_wnd_ht.gif

and your in business with a nice snowstorm

for the Metro 

72hrs window for a thread ---should  keep the peace   :bag:

dm

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/ens/prec_f144_us.html

attachicon.giffeb-1-2.gif

find a way to slow it down a bit......

Upper Jet is Hot   on the prog ATM  -quick all season-

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/data/gfs/18/gfs_atlantic_129_200_wnd_ht.gif

and your in business with a nice snowstorm

for the Metro 

72hrs window for a thread ---should  keep the peace   :bag:

dm

Check out the 18z GEFS  500 mb at 120 . Does that quasi bridge work ?

So early I have no way of knowing what the N Atlantic is going to look like in 72 hours . So I agree with you , we will need a block with this one .

Check out the 18z GEFS  500 mb at 120 . Does that quasi bridge work ?

So early I have no way of knowing what the N Atlantic is going to look like in 72 hours . So I agree with you , we will need a block with this one .

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs-ens/2015012718/gfs-ens_apcpn24_us_25.png

8-12" rough sketch per gefs ...so maybe just enough???

At this point it means nothing, but if its still the case 12 hours before the Storm starts...

Would not surprise me, I just think we really need to stay sharp with these upcoming storms and not be biased ourselves cause of what happened yesterday... I have a feelig we could get bit in the a** again if the GFS shows storm and the euro says no, we toss the euro cause we're convinced it's not doing well this year and GFS fails lol

Please don't think I'm being a downer I just can see all the "throw out the euro"--"it failed last time" blah blah posts

I still like the euro for everything BUT miller B's

Just my opinion

All I know is that something needs to be done with the inconsistency of these models.... However for this storm in particular only yet NAM and EURO were ever thrilled about it... All of the other models more or less continued to show a moderate snowstorm for the area, but the majority of us just kept discounting them because the EURO kept showing a bomb for 3 straight days. It never changed only until the 0z run last night. In fact it was even a bomb at 12z when the clipper was coming through the area. It obviously was a major bust for the NYC area but certainly not for Eastern LI and Boston.

Would not surprise me, I just think we really need to stay sharp with these upcoming storms and not be biased ourselves cause of what happened yesterday... I have a feelig we could get bit in the a** again if the GFS shows storm and the euro says no, we toss the euro cause we're convinced it's not doing well this year and GFS fails lol

Please don't think I'm being a downer I just can see all the "throw out the euro"--"it failed last time" blah blah posts

I still like the euro for everything BUT miller B's

Just my opinion

I think we just have more experience now and can understand the bias of the Euro. It tends to like the capture and spin idea sooner than normally happens. We've seen that with several storms now. Miller Bs are incredibly tough forecasts, especially when they are as charged and dynamic as what we had yesterday. Anytime you are waiting for a storm to close off, it's not only nerve racking, but an hour either direction can alter the forecast significantly.

I think we just have more experience now and can understand the bias of the Euro. It tends to like the capture and spin idea sooner than normally happens. We've seen that with several storms now. Miller Bs are incredibly tough forecasts, especially when they are as charged and dynamic as what we had yesterday. Anytime you are waiting for a storm to close off, it's not only nerve racking, but an hour either direction can alter the forecast significantly.

Not to mention a red flag shoulda popped in all our minds when not a single short term model liked the western precip making past the Hudson...I've .never watched so many model runs mid storm.. Never again

Archived