joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the headlines on TWC says "more snow incoming". Man o man people aren't even gonna listen to the news channels anymore. Christie got embarrassed for the travel ban.

I'm not looking at any models from now on. Just gonna weenie hard wishcast.

One of the headlines on TWC says "more snow incoming". Man o man people aren't even gonna listen to the news channels anymore. Christie got embarrassed for the travel ban.

I'm not looking at any models from now on. Just gonna weenie hard wishcast.

Most models had this storm going further east it's the agencies fault for going all in on the Euro and Nam. The Euro by the way was shifting east as well so the signs of an eastern storm were on the table.

Active pattern will continue though too early to pinpoint though but early Feb continues to look promising.

The Euro setup taken literally would be hardly anything frozen at all for the coast, high is positioned too far southeast so wind flow is south ahead of the system, now as we know....it'll change...

Euro further north and west, GFS and GGEM further south and east..hmm where have I heard that before?...I want to hear the NAM's opinion!!

Well, DT has just announced his divorce from the Euro. Sad. Seemed like such a happy couple, though their child, Nam, is quite the erratic nut job. Wonder who gets custody.

I heard there was a third wheel involved, unfortunately. The GGEM was seen on camera running out of the forecast center late Saturday night. :/

Euro Ensembles are colder for Monday's event and has a secondary low near the coast.

Monday seems like a decent setup...could be similar to Saturday's event but colder.Also a good chance of something around D10, Active pattern ahead as we move forward... -AO dip around Feb 1 with a +PNA/-EPO 

The clipper may blow up, again that storm may depend strongly what the clipper does once it gets into SE Canada. 

Both the Euro ensembles and the GFS ( Briefly )  take the NAO neg - so we look to have the block

And the AO goes Neg around this time ( cough cough ) . My bud says we need it , so it looks to go NEG

Archived