joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we all learned our lesson from the last storm, we are all asking ourselves what could go wrong to make this not happen, right?   :yikes:

The clipper bombs out too much or not enough, I did not look closely but at a glance I think the 00Z runs so far have not blown the clipper up quite as much, so that may have decreased the confluence...also the timing of the disturbance in the SW, really alot can go wrong, more likely though a miss than a cutter I think at this point.

The clipper bombs out too much or not enough, I did not look closely but at a glance I think the 00Z runs so far have not blown the clipper up quite as much, so that may have decreased the confluence...also the timing of the disturbance in the SW, really alot can go wrong, more likely though a miss than a cutter I think at this point.

Thank you for your unbiased response

We should be asking ourselves can this thing get too amped up? Could it get sheared out and go South? Could the track take it too far North and West? It's already a thread the needle scenario in terms of temps.

why cant we sit back ...just a bit this go round

over analysis will not increase your snow totals in the end

the blueprint is drawn

the subcontractors will need to work together 

the mods will be the foreman on this job

dm

GFS 850 s minus 10 BL 10. That's 1966

Can you elaborate on 1966 .

I agree with Anthony ratios will be great. Could easily beat last weeks storm in the city. Eastern LI could be looking at a snow pack usually not seen outside of the north woods of Maine.

I don't want to break out the jump to conclusions mat however. A nice 6" event gets me extra money without being stuck in the city

Wow, heavy snow and 10* Is it too early to speculate what the winds would be or no? I know the last storm the high winds curtailed our ratios on the Island. Thinking this wouldn't be an issue this go around. I would sacrifice an inch or two for high winds and a another blizzard warning. (Not saying that is even remotely possible with this system.)

-Jason

I only have it to 72 hours, is it a thump for Philly and NYC to rain or all snow?

It's almost all snow. Don't worry about p type. Few things one DMs point was a valid one we don't grab this until Friday its in the middle of the PAC so stay conservative.

The GGEM is much colder than its 12z run so it and the GFS like the threat. Again 4.5 days away.

Archived