joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The polar jet still phases in too late. The overall differences and slight NW tick appear to be as a result of the PV being a tick further north. Other than that, it's a huge hit for the DC area. Matches up pretty well with about half the the 00z EPS members. Need that polar jet to drop in a lot faster or the system will be able to escape too far East.

As a result of the sharper trough the surface low was 2-3mb deeper at 15z Monday.

The polar jet still phases in too late. The overall differences and slight NW tick appear to be as a result of the PV being a tick further north. Other than that, it's a huge hit for the DC area. Matches up pretty well with about half the the 00z EPS members. Need that polar jet to drop in a lot faster or the system will be able to escape too far East.

As a result of the sharper trough the surface low was 2-3mb deeper at 15z Monday.

The flow has been very progressive this year...I will take what I can get. As is its close to a warning hit for nyc and big hit for central Nj

The polar jet still phases in too late. The overall differences and slight NW tick appear to be as a result of the PV being a tick further north. Other than that, it's a huge hit for the DC area. Matches up pretty well with about half the the 00z EPS members. Need that polar jet to drop in a lot faster or the system will be able to escape too far East.

The clipper needs to push through quickly Friday,

Friday nights 00z runs will give us a really good idea I believe.

The polar jet still phases in too late. The overall differences and slight NW tick appear to be as a result of the PV being a tick further north. Other than that, it's a huge hit for the DC area. Matches up pretty well with about half the the 00z EPS members. Need that polar jet to drop in a lot faster or the system will be able to escape too far East.

Nice run for anyone trenton south.

Looks like 2-4 inches from the city n & w

Sv snow maps get 4 inches to nyc. 2--3 north of that. 6-8 from Ttn south. 8-10 Monmouth and ocean counties

I think this will be similar to many of the storms from last year that really targeted the SNJ/Philly area - not saying those are the only areas, but I think they will make out the best with this type of system.

The northern stream being stronger this run helped...

Yes that initial shortwave was much sharper and I thought this would come further NW but that trailing energy needs to dive in faster. The 1/28 12z GFS did that and the GGEM does that to an extent. What worries me is that the current GFS depiction has a lot of ensemble support from the Euro camp.

One thing that could possibly save us here is the high ratios... with only .25 QPF could yield 3-5 for the city on N into the LHV... I guess we will have to wait and see once the S/W is sampled and that won't be until tomorrow and at least tonight's once more information is dropping into the models...

I still feel at best for the NYC region 3-6 is really at most here unless the S/W phases much faster with the PV

Yes that initial shortwave was much sharper and I thought this would come further NW but that trailing energy needs to dive in faster. The 1/28 12z GFS did that and the GGEM does that to an extent. What worries me is that the current GFS depiction has a lot of ensemble support from the Euro camp.

Let's see what the GEFS say then onto the GGEM and EURO.

Good Pbp. It was encouraging to see...hopefully we see some support this afternoon. I will take

2-3 of feathers

Off topic but the H5 depiction on the 12z GFS for the middle of next week screams major storm. This is the period that the EPS members continue to love. The PV stayed completely in tact so nothing was able to phase with that massive piece of energy sitting over TX.

Yes. Teleconnections my friend.

Archived