joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not making a forecast -- just saying to be cognizant that the12z GFS verbatim is deceivingly robust for our area, in terms of qpf, based on this setup and low track...

Surface track aside, the 500 mb evolution and jet structure do not scream "crushed in the confluence" ... 

Surface track aside, the 500 mb evolution and jet structure do not scream "crushed in the confluence" ... 

Yeah it really does not, the ultimate thing that could screw this may be the SW energy not tapping in enough, not really the PV, the Euro wanted no part of that SW energy but that may be due to its bias more than anything else, this next run and the one after start to get close enough in the Euro usually loses that error.

It was a decent run. The trailing energy over Canada was nowhere to be found this run. And it was never able to completely interact with the energy over the southwest. A step in the right direction at least.

It's better then the gfs......you get 4-8...6-10 just south of nyc.

On SV I see a stripe of 6-8" over North Central NJ but it's probably a bit more than that given how cold temps will be. 850mb temps are -12C to -16C from CNJ North. 0.50"+ LE up to Sussex. Perhaps 15:1 ratios, maybe even a bit higher?

Yeah temps in the teens would make for nice ratios...it's a beautiful run

Yeah temps in the teens would make for nice ratios...it's a beautiful run

It's not so much surface temperatures, it's all about the snow growth region. Someone on here has posted a table before on what temps are optimal for the best dendrite growth. I think 850's here might even be a bit too cold on that chart.

Archived