• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

This really to me looks to me like a 2/7/03 repeat and it's actually the #2 match at 500mb on CIPS. The pattern to me doesn't support much bigger than 4-8 or 6-10 with it

Agreed but with the high ratios something like 2/7/03 (4-8inches?) would have been 6-10 or 8-12. We definitely have a qpf maximum but with ratios as high as 20:1 with tenps in teens that ceiling could vary

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really to me looks to me like a 2/7/03 repeat and it's actually the #2 match at 500mb on CIPS. The pattern to me doesn't support much bigger than 4-8 or 6-10 with it

The image of that storm appears to be fading; no one ever discusses it...

All the 4-8 and 6-10 inch events sort of blend into one, 12/5/02, 2/7/03, 2/3/96, 2/16/96, 3/2/96, 1/12/11, too hard to distinguish.

1/12/11 was the biggest storm of the very snowy 10-11 Winter here in Dobbs Ferry....14.5" fell, making it slightly bigger than both Boxing Day and the 1/27 thundersleet system. New England got absolutely buried, and Westchester was on the edge of the band that nuked Connecticut.

1/12/11 was the biggest storm of the very snowy 10-11 Winter here in Dobbs Ferry....14.5" fell, making it slightly bigger than both Boxing Day and the 1/27 thundersleet system. New England got absolutely buried, and Westchester was on the edge of the band that nuked Connecticut.

Right up there with Boxing Day that epic winter... Had 24" in Ridgefield, 12 of which fell in 3.5 hrs... Had 5/hr (heaviest synoptic snow I've ever seen) in that nuke of a band you reference.

Amazing storm. Top 5 all time for me.

Bernie Rayno at Accuweather seems to think this storm has opportunity to come up the coast and bomb out if the trough digs deeper and goes negative. Don't know if that will happen, but if it did, NE would get pounded again, and the DC-NY would get a nice hit too.

That's what I was asking before. Just need the trough to sharpen so that more energy from the northern stream phases. If it transfers early enough south of Delmarva and the trough goes negative I think we have a Hecs. won't take much from the looks of things at the 300mb level.

Archived