12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the NAM were not like this, it would not be good. But the fact that it is, doesn't necessarily elevate our chances. But I'm liking what I see so far tonight.

WX/PT

Agree, would rather see the NAM show a crazy amped solution than be suppressed...that would not be a good sign. But honestly, would not mean much either. 

Its just about ran the life cycle of a forecast model, historically most NCEP models have made it about 20 years, the NAM is at year 21 now, it got upgraded in 05 or 06 when it became the NAM but thats a long time when talking about forecast advances.

Do they have anything in the works to replace it?

You know you've jumped the shark when you put any credence in the 84 hr NAM.

Is there any time the NAM isn't too amped? Come on people, be better than this. 

The NAM is in a great spot, just off the coast, if it were over the benchmark or just SE in the MA I'd be worried but we've seen big improvements today, would not be surprised if the GFS comes NW along with the GGEM and Euro, we need to survive through the 12Z cycle tomorrow and I think we're good for something at least.

We simply posted what the nam showed... Relax...no one in here is taking it to the bank or saying its a lock, just posting what the model shows...

Nam by the way...has a flight data ingest from today---atlantic side

so go easy on  bashing the old dog....upper levels tell the story

Archived