Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA & the fringes - January 2015 Part II

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL the NAM appears to totally screw the LSV. No one MDT or south over 3" through 36hrs.

But it puts a deform band UNV west and crushes you guys.

ha it does, but looking outside and at the current radar I have a weird feeling about this one.  low seems slow and south.  i feel lsv especially eastshore could do better than those models are showing.

NAM at 39hrs

The NAM would make me a very happy camper with only about 3 inches for my location. BTW, you can all thank me now for the recent snow events. This always happens when I go back out on the road. The whole month I was off recovering from surgery we had rather benign weather. Get back in the truck and winter returns with a vengeance.

The NAM would make me a very happy camper with only about 3 inches for my location. BTW, you can all thank me now for the recent snow events. This always happens when I go back out on the road. The whole month I was off recovering from surgery we had rather benign weather. Get back in the truck and winter returns with a vengeance.

I thought you were done w/ trucking? Or was it just the water tankers?

Through 24 hours the NAM has cut back quite a bit on precip amounts at least around the LSV.  Last run had us near 0.65" liquid, this run around 0.35".

It's snowing nicely here now and it is beginning to stick to the street.  Sidewalks and driveways already have a coating.  I'd say I have around 0.3" so far.  Temp holding steady at the moment at 32.8 F.

>>Edit:  the 0.65" amount was the entire event through Tuesday night.  I judged too soon.  If I had to guess I do think the total will come in less than 0.50".

Decent 850 mb frontogenesis over central PA is providing the forcing for the precip developing over the region. Should linger in this general area for the next several hours. You can tell that the snow growth isn't ideal with mostly small crystals falling here, a result of 850 mb temperatures around -5C.

8fnt.gif?1422242459263

Archived