joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-2015 Photo Thread

Kay

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!  That second ice picture is really cool, A in Z!

Great pictures, all.

Thanks!  Should have added I only cropped those photos and reduced resolution for uploading, no other post-processing.

Yes, a lot of good photos in this thread.  There's just something about pictures during or right after a heavy snowfall.

And another one from my backyyard this morning..

attachicon.gifsnow light.jpg

Gorgeous.

Nice ice, A in Z.

Might I just interject one concept at this juncture...

There are serious photographers with real talent here, but IMO the rest of us shouldn't be intimidated to post...or feel awkward getting compliments. Just post 'em!  Not suggesting a deluge of blurry grill pics, but there seems to be a lot more shyness this year. I plan to go through mine and post some but too lazy right now.

Gorgeous.

Nice ice, A in Z.

Might I just interject one concept at this juncture...

There are serious photographers with real talent here, but IMO the rest of us shouldn't be intimidated to post...or feel awkward getting compliments. Just post 'em!  Not suggesting a deluge of blurry grill pics, but there seems to be a lot more shyness this year. I plan to go through mine and post some but too lazy right now.

Agree! Post em!

They migrate out of the area to the south and even central and south america. Not too common to find them here in the winter. March is when they usually return.

Hmm...I thought we got some year-round residents along the Bay and coast.  I know I saw one last month flying over 295 one day on my way home from work.  

2/13. Reposting from somewhere in an obs thread.

attachicon.gif2-13-2015.JPG

I love that picture. 

Back in the 70's when the bay and tributaries froze, I remember there were a lot of piers that got pushed up by the ice.  They looked like something out of a Fun House.  Have you, or any others, noticed anything similar this year?

I love that picture. 

Back in the 70's when the bay and tributaries froze, I remember there were a lot of piers that got pushed up by the ice.  They looked like something out of a Fun House.  Have you, or any others, noticed anything similar this year?

Not near me, that I know of. I've seen that happen in Baltimore. The pier in many of my pics has been damaged in past years but not quite to the fun-house level.

That first pic is amazing, MiddleRvr - love it.

Archived