e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

........This winter is quickly going down the drain. 

Winter already went down the drain, I cleaned the drain, and I am now ready for spring rains.  The only thing frozen about the winter of 2014 is a freakin Disney film.  I for one am ready to "Let it goooo....", pull the boat out, plant some grass seed and kick back in a summer full of 70 degree nights.  Of course with our weather luck right now those 70 degree evenings will be parked over Siberia while we sweat away to nothing in 90 degree temps and high humidity.

This sucks......

Winter already went down the drain, I cleaned the drain, and I am now ready for spring rains.  The only thing frozen about the winter of 2014 is a freakin Disney film.  I for one am ready to "Let it goooo....", pull the boat out, plant some grass seed and kick back in a summer full of 70 degree nights.  Of course with our weather luck right now those 70 degree evenings will be parked over Siberia while we sweat away to nothing in 90 degree temps and high humidity.

This sucks......

This Friday ftw!  Lol!

Edit:  Maybe Saturday, at this point....

Superjames! I apologize for what I said about the NAVGEM the other day. Its seems to be leading the way with this storm for Friday because no other model was showing at first what it was along. Now they have come towards the NAVGEM. New King anyone??? :lol: or can we say a broken clock is right twice a day if its hands are still in the clock?!

How many times have we seen a system that is modeled to be way too suppressed end up being so far north that it rains in DC???!!!

:cliff:

Two things that you can never be confident of in the SE:

1) the track of low pressures

2) the amount of cold air at any or all layers of the atmosphere.

It's like that N trend that you guys speak of always seems to happen. I thought it was folks just wish casting it N and hoping that would happen, but now it seems that as the timeframe gets closer, the models bring it further and further N. This also happened with the January 28th storm last year, which pissed me off because I got screwed and you guys got my 5-6 inches of snow I was expecting.

Superjames! I apologize for what I said about the NAVGEM the other day. Its seems to be leading the way with this storm for Friday because no other model was showing at first what it was along. Now they have come towards the NAVGEM. New King anyone??? :lol: or can we say a broken clock is right twice a day if its hands are still in the clock?!

They should start charging $49.99/month for NAVGEM access. It truly is the new KING. The Euro's time is over.

It's like that N trend that you guys speak of always seems to happen. I thought it was folks just wish casting it N and hoping that would happen, but now it seems that as the timeframe gets closer, the models bring it further and further N. This also happened with the January 28th storm last year, which pissed me off because I got screwed and you guys got my 5-6 inches of snow I was expecting.

You know better than to expect 5-6 inches. You live in Waycross ! I dont think Waycross has had that much snow in the last 100 years.

I'm absolutely amazed at the amount of people (on here, on TV) who are so gung-ho about Monday just because the GFS shows a clipper that goes across the Southern Appalachians.

I mean...we have a classic Miller-A low that is going to not create any snow in the climatological peak of winter because there is zero cold air in place...yet, something that traditionally does little to nothing for NC is getting so much play because the cold is in place.

This winter has been a total disaster...from the very deceitful teleconnections (NAO, AO, PNA, EPO) to the lack to getting the southern stream to cooperate when needed...this has become a complete dumpster fire.

Wake me the hell up when spring arrives, I'm done! :axe:

We've lost another one!  Load em up Pack! :)

In my 15+ years in the profession, I have never heard +5F above normal termed "seasonable". 

Seasonable and normal are nearly interchangeable terms, 5 degrees above normal (even for a 5 day average) is hardly much of an anomaly & is commonly observed at some point in every season, even outside of winter... At those temperatures, you're not roasting...

Archived