• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Banter

mackerel_sky

No it wasn't, I've been bullish about this winter all along like most people.  I'm still optimistic but it's obviously my opinion that we are getting a late start.

Going to need a cold tap, there isn't one now, or one modeled in the next 10 days on any guidance.  We wait while met winter is evaporating little by little......

:unsure:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both GFS ENS and Canadian ENS look GREAT for a pattern change at Christmas at 384!! :snowing:

What's the chance either of them verify? :(  Somebody keep track to see if they have the same look tomorrow at 360...

Add the Euro EPS as a great look at day 15.  It's been stuck at day 15 for a few days now, it will get there...just maybe not this year.

When we can't even get fantasy land snow you know the pattern sucks. When you are saying the trend is you're friend on a 15 day prog it's safe to say the pattern sucks.

Worry not. Don't lose your faith. The mild Dec. analogs (Cohen, Webber, Griteater, 1939-40, etc.) will make sure we get to the Promised Land. ;) Regarding snow or ice in, say GA, it shall be included says the analogs. But that may very well have to wait til January for anything too significant per climo though there have been three major ZR's on Christmas in ATL interestingly enough!

We are all doomed.  

(CNN) -- Imagine being able to predict when the flu might strike your town, a bit like how meteorologists predict when a storm is heading your way. Think about what companies or hospitals or even you could do to prepare.

That's exactly what infectious disease experts at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health are doing. They've figured out a way to forecast the flu. Their model is a huge advance, as most current models mapping the flu look backward instead of forward. The team won a contest sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention called "Predict the deadlyInfluenza Season Challenge."

To win, the team created a mathematical formula used for weather forecasting and applied it to flu data. Using real-time data they created a website that shows an interactive map of the United States that displays the severity of flu cases in cities across the country. It also lists incidence numbers and gives a prediction number for each city in the coming weeks. They also have a forecast graphic that will tell you when the flu will be at its peak for a particular city. It varies across the country. For instance, in New York City, it predicts the height of the flu will be the week of January 10. Atlanta's will be around December 27. Chicago's will be the week of December 20.

Worry not. Don't lose your faith. The mild Dec. analogs (Cohen, Webber, Griteater, 1939-40, etc.) will make sure we get to the Promised Land. ;) Regarding snow or ice in, say GA, it shall be included says the analogs. But that may very well have to wait til January for anything too significant per climo though there have been three major ZR's on Christmas in ATL interestingly enough!

Man, I hope so. It's hard to look at all the great winter forecasts that were out in October only to witness most if not all of a met winter month playing the waiting game. I get that El Niño winters can start late but.... We could be getting snow and ice storms right now if the pattern would cooperate. It's really a waste of a perfectly good winter month. When I say wall to wall

Winter is off the table this is the thing I'm speaking of. One big storm this season would make us missing out on december fine. But it has to be in the back of everyone's mind even the folks with the strongest nerves that hey, the clock IS ticking.

Man, I hope so. It's hard to look at all the great winter forecasts that were out in October only to witness most if not all of a met winter month playing the waiting game. I get that El Niño winters can start late but.... We could be getting snow and ice storms right now if the pattern would cooperate. It's really a waste of a perfectly good winter month. When I say wall to wall

Winter is off the table this is the thing I'm speaking of. One big storm this season would make us missing out on december fine. But it has to be in the back of everyone's mind even the folks with the strongest nerves that hey, the clock IS ticking.

I think it's been stated like 1000 times that we are not wasting anything in December ! Greater than 90% of snow and ice events have happened in JFM, in my area!

I know we had snow in December 1997. Wasn't that an el Nino winter ?

I think it's been stated like 1000 times that we are not wasting anything in December ! Greater than 90% of snow and ice events have happened in JFM, in my area!

more snow in March than December ? December is wayyyyyy colder than March and it's not even close. Is there not a correlation between average temps in a given month and snow ?

more snow in March than December ? December is wayyyyyy colder than March and it's not even close. Is there not a correlation between average temps in a given month and snow ?

Proven fact. Way more snow in March than December , in the Carolinas, can't speak on GA. I think a top 3 all time snow has happened in NC in Mar. !

Proven fact. Way more snow in March than December , in the Carolinas, can't speak on GA. I think a top 3 all time snow has happened in NC in Mar. !

I think Atlanta's biggest snow in the last 60 years occurred in late March, but up until the last 5 years March snows occurred maybe once every 10 years.

Its just amazing to think that there's more snow in early March than late December, considering late December is almost in the heart of winter.

When we can't even get fantasy land snow you know the pattern sucks. When you are saying the trend is you're friend on a 15 day prog it's safe to say the pattern sucks.

You are the only one being negative while the mood on the pattern thread is very positive right now. You say you are bullish about this winter, but then you keep saying the clock is ticking and winter is wasting away. It doesn't make sense. We're not even in the second half of December yet, and you have been like this since November.

Since 2000 we have had more snow in December and January than February and March in the Triangle. The past couple of years February has been good, but March snow here has been about nonexistent.

Archived