Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome overperformer today..

I literally just picked up the phone to post that! Still raining here, at a decent clip.

That's what I was talking about when I said I don;t recall all the rain yesterday being in the forecast. It really hung around longer than expected. It would be nice to have something like that happen with snow here for a change. The weather yesterday was awful and miserable.

That's what I was talking about when I said I don;t recall all the rain yesterday being in the forecast. It really hung around longer than expected. It would be nice to have something like that happen with snow here for a change. The weather yesterday was awful and miserable.

NWS RAH had 20% of rain for tuesday on monday afternoon. Even wral mentioned on monday morning that backend rains would be possible on tuesday.... although "she" fscked up that forecast on tuesday morning. Just because you skim over the forecast to see what you want to see doesn't mean that i do.

Brick be like " Snow... awesome. rain.. sucks, wind... sucks, hot... sucks, cold...sucks, sun... sucks, clouds... suck, storms...kinda suck but ok occasionally. "

We've got our own Typhoon Tip now.

Haha! The one difference is, Tip uses words nobody has heard of. Webber is like:

The MJO is following the OLR CCKW forcing into the COD, but MTR anomalies reverse the PDO affects on ENSO by disrupting the Rossby Walker Hadley train near the dateline by wave propagating, which obviously initiates the SSW downwelling VPO phase, thus producing a reduction of the VPM, effectively nullifying the RMM projections of the MJO traversing the COD. Duh. :)

At least Webber explains things instead of "that's what Robert said" or "that's what JB said" ... It truly amazes me at the lack of weather knowledge by some posters in this forum considering the many years they've had to learn.  And if you're going to reference someone's comments at least elaborate on their thinking to help others understand what the point is they're trying to convey.  Just my 2 cents.

At least Webber explains things instead of "that's what Robert said" or "that's what JB said" ... It truly amazes me at the lack of weather knowledge by some posters in this forum considering the many years they've had to learn.  And if you're going to reference someone's comments at least elaborate on their thinking to help others understand what the point is they're trying to convey.  Just my 2 cents.

First of all we don't have to have a strat warming event to get a -AO which has been well documented here numerous times. So if you counting on a SSW to have a good winter your wasting your time as it's not a 100% necessary. Does it help , well of course but we don't HAVE to have it.

Secondly if you think a parade of southern storms with marginal cold air around is boring then you should find a new hobby. We all know that we most likely won't see anything wintry before christmas but it's the fun of watching

Brick be like "Woo hoo!!! Snow on Christmas!"

At least Webber explains things instead of "that's what Robert said" or "that's what JB said" ... It truly amazes me at the lack of weather knowledge by some posters in this forum considering the many years they've had to learn. And if you're going to reference someone's comments at least elaborate on their thinking to help others understand what the point is they're trying to convey. Just my 2 cents.

I'm just playing around, Oliver. He does use a lot of acronyms though.

they sound like this : 

http://youtu.be/8OlNZL-TPbY

Can't embed for some reason but it's the waterboy clip.

NWS RAH had 20% of rain for tuesday on monday afternoon. Even wral mentioned on monday morning that backend rains would be possible on tuesday.... although "she" fscked up that forecast on tuesday morning. Just because you skim over the forecast to see what you want to see doesn't mean that i do.

Brick be like " Snow... awesome. rain.. sucks, wind... sucks, hot... sucks, cold...sucks, sun... sucks, clouds... suck, storms...kinda suck but ok occasionally. "

Can confirm. Am forum member.

First of all we don't have to have a strat warming event to get a -AO which has been well documented here numerous times. So if you counting on a SSW to have a good winter your wasting your time as it's not a 100% necessary. Does it help , well of course but we don't HAVE to have it.

Secondly if you think a parade of southern storms with marginal cold air around is boring then you should find a new hobby. We all know that we most likely won't see anything wintry before christmas but it's the fun of watching

Easy their slick, you might want to check your meds....I didn't say we were in trouble if we didn't get one, I made a simple comment after I provided some value that the stratosphere seemed to be cooperating.

And for your second comment...seriously.  

Easy their slick, you might want to check your meds....I didn't say we were in trouble if we didn't get one, I made a simple comment after I provided some value that the stratosphere seemed to be cooperating.

And for your second comment...seriously.

. How many times in years past have we seen signs of strat warming only to see it not Pan out. Depending on a SSW is a huge red flag IMO because they are not a must

And my point was the stratosphere cooperating is not a necessity. How many times in years past have we seen signs strat warming only to see it not Pam out. Depending on a SSW is a huge red flag IMO because they are not a must

I think Pack was just pointing out that there were some positive signs showing up....not saying that a SSW was necessary to get cold or snow. In the doldrums of waiting for a pattern change, positive things are at least interesting to discuss.

. How many times in years past have we seen signs of strat warming only to see it not Pan out. Depending on a SSW is a huge red flag IMO because they are not a must

A lot.  Doesn't;t mean jack for this one but every year it seems we are waiting on the mythical SSW events to take place.  It's also usually a pretty good sign we are currently fooked when the subject is brought up.

Yeah, I know he sounds really smart and all, but those posts are just way too long and I end up just skimming over them.

At least he is adding to the discussion and not just regurgitating everything others say. You guys always have something to say about someone who is actually contributing to the forum. Let's just run everyone away and post 384 hour ensembles run everyday talking about pattern changes coming when we know damn well its been at 384 for like the past week. Marietta is right. Winter is fooked.

Archived