Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thanksgiving Eve storm obs and nowcasting

Ian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see them fall off a bit more at least. We're about near where the MOS lows for DP were later today.. possible we just got there early. Though I'd guess MOS was a bit overdone.  

That'd be really nice, but that's way below what guidance shows.  If we can get down into the upper 20s and stay there, I'd be very satisfied.  

yeah i don't think we'll get there. but with a feed during the storm i don't think that much is needed.  HRRR/RAP both decent later. though HRRR has a weird pulse of really low dews early that gets pushed back later before giving in again.. like low 20s at 4p for part of the area. seems unlikely.

3pcWYlW.png

F30btIi.png

Dews are progressing well as Eskimo Joe stated above, not bad at the moment with mid 20's dews nearing the cities. We could use some cloud breaks around the 5-9pm timeframe before the precipitation gets in to rid of the tdd. 

The data I see from both wundermap and weatherscope has the lowest cwa dewpoints hovering around 30 degrees at high elevations.

The data I see from both wundermap and weatherscope has the lowest cwa dewpoints hovering around 30 degrees at high elevations.

Gaithersburg 28, most spots n & w of there in m/u 20s. 23 at FDK is suspect. 

Archived