• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal

Coach McGuirk

Hmm then I guess weatherbell must have 2 feet somewhere.

:lol:  Atari GFS is a crushing.  Perfect vort passage for the coastal and then another excellent vort passage that keeps in -SHSN all Wednesday evening into Thursday morning. 

Conveniently cold temps aloft, but still borderline.

attachicon.gifUSA_TMP_975mb_078.gif

Dynamic cooling FTW, love the bubble of sub freezing temps 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2m freezing line goes way up to the Canadian border by 18Z...how is that not rain?

well...where the line is doesn't really matter - it can still be 33 here, but you make a good point about lack of cold air....according to GFS, at DCA it is 38 when precip starts, and still 35, 6 hours later...finally falls to 33-34 for last 4-5 hours of storm....and we know the GFS is probably running cold....of course we don't know where the track might end up, but for the coastal plain, rain/white rain/non accumulating snow is likely for at least a portion of the event....also could be a warm nose between 875-925 at some point...the models have been hinting at it, though not verbatim....

The paralell continues to run the system out to sea. Im not getting good vibes about the model changes.

To make matters worse soon we won't even have the old gfs to compare it to. So if it is indeed wrong and this were January it would actually be making the forecast confidence worse right now. Some "upgrade". Of course if it's right then...

WOWOW

Stormvista snow map buries you guys, there's a sliver of 12" in E MD, and stormvista is usually conservative

I'm looking on instantweather and am not seeing anything close to those totals [shrug]

I saw that map, stormvista shows more snowfall. Just an algorithm issue. I'd lean on the low side, just telling you what stormvista shows

yes...Highzenberg is exaggerating as usual...SV maps paint 2-5" for much of DC Metro...more as you get further north and east, but again...SNOW MAPS ARE USELESS

Archived