e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
November II Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scooter's boss at WSI starting to sound alarms..white/icy T-giving?

Michael Ventrice ‏@MJVentrice  6m

Check out possible Thanksgiving eve storm: Strong high pressure to the north.. getting worried this will be impactful

B2hO1hkCEAAUUpo.png

Cleveland?

Cold day on Monday. Congrats MPM on ice

75271EB4-9764-420D-AE67-08D0237811F6_zps

As part of the Common Core, they now are teaching new physics where water freezes at 33*.  :)

20.9 my hacienda, shiver me timbers

Nice!

De-icing on Denver meant a 5 minute connection. Harrowing! Happy to be back in BOS.

Welcome back, Jerry--must feel like the tropics.

26.3/18

Cleveland?

As part of the Common Core, they now are teaching new physics where water freezes at 33*.  :)

Nice!

Welcome back, Jerry--must feel like the tropics.

26.3/18

Thanks Mike. Always nice to be in your own bed. Not a warm November around here. But Denver threw colder wx than I'll see in Boston this year for sure.

Man western NY and the lake belts are going to get a great start to winter this week...places like Watertown and Buffalo.  Monday they'll get a synoptic snow to lay down some base, then just get crushed with west and southwest flow lake effect all week with this early cold shot. Should help get the bands into the more populated areas too, I would think.

Yeah, I am quite excited for this one. Looks like it might be shaping up to be an historic event. Here is a list of all the warnings/hazard discussions so far for this event.

..LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM ESTTHIS EVENING......LAKE EFFECT SNOW WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGHWEDNESDAY MORNING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECTSNOW WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGHWEDNESDAY MORNING.* LOCATIONS...SOUTHERN ERIE...CHAUTAUQUA...AND CATTARAUGUS  COUNTIES. GREATEST AMOUNTS FOR THE ADVISORY ALONG THE LAKE ERIE  SHORE.* TIMING...ADVISORY THROUGH EARLY THIS EVENING. WATCH FROM MONDAY  EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING.* ACCUMULATIONS...ANOTHER 1 TO 2 INCHES THROUGH EARLY THIS  EVENING. SNOW POTENTIALLY ACCUMULATING 1 TO 2 FEET OR MORE IN  PERSISTENT BANDS MONDAY EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING.* VISIBILITIES...AS LOW AS A HALF MILE AT TIMES THIS EVENING.* IMPACTS...THROUGH EARLY EVENING...OCCASIONAL MODERATE LAKE  EFFECT SNOW WILL RESULT IN SNOW COVERED ROADS AND POOR  VISIBILITY AT TIMES. THIS INCLUDES THE NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY  FROM HAMBURG TO DUNKIRK AND THE 219 FROM ORCHARD PARK TO  SPRINGVILLE. FOR EARLY NEXT WEEK VERY HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW MAY  MAKE FOR VERY DIFFICULT TRAVEL AT TIMES.
THE AREA FROM NORTHEAST OHIO INTO NW PENNSYLVANIA AND

SW NEW YORK…INCLUDING BUFFALO AND ERIE AND THE TUG HILL PLATEAU

OF NEW YORK EAST OF LAKE ONTARIO ALL COULD BE SEEING VERY HEAVY

SNOWFALL AND NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ESPECIALLY ON MONDAY NIGHT

INTO TUESDAY.

FOLLOWING THE PASSAGE OF WEDNESDAY`S CLIPPER SYSTEM...ANOTHER

SIGNIFICANT SHOT OF COLDER AIR WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION FOR THE

BALANCE OF THE WORK WEEK. COUPLED WITH WHAT SHOULD BE SUFFICIENT

MOISTURE...THIS WILL IN ALL LIKELIHOOD RESULT IN A SECOND ROUND OF

SIGNIFICANT LAKE SNOWS EAST-NORTHEAST AND/OR EAST OF THE LAKES

WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT...WITH LAKE ONTARIO PERHAPS

HAVING THE MORE FAVORABLE SETUP DURING THIS TIME FRAME.

I also chase most LES events around the area and keep a youtube account for the videos if anyone likes watching videos of some lake effect snow. (My passion) Enjoy! If you don't want to go through all the videos here are my favorite top 2.

Hey Buffalo soldier check out the soundings for ur hood, epic, severe T storm like stuff

I'm not as experienced with this stuff as you guys on this forum. (As upstate New York sub-forum is dead, it's just me pretty much) But Mr. Niziol posted this on his facebook. Maybe you guys can help me out a little bit. ^_^

1402878_662637943849566_7621849650521842

I'm not as experienced with this stuff as you guys on this forum. (As upstate New York sub-forum is dead, it's just me pretty much) But Mr. Niziol posted this on his facebook. Maybe you guys can help me out a little bit. ^_^

Niziol covers it pretty well there. He's got the modified soundings based on lake temps (because the land temps will ultimately be cooler and less unstable) as this is where the instability and LES is originating from. Generally speaking LES is a pretty shallow event, but getting clouds tops to 20 kft is pretty impressive. That's a recipe for plenty of vertical motion.

Niziol covers it pretty well there. He's got the modified soundings based on lake temps (because the land temps will ultimately be cooler and less unstable) as this is where the instability and LES is originating from. Generally speaking LES is a pretty shallow event, but getting clouds tops to 20 kft is pretty impressive. That's a recipe for plenty of vertical motion.

Thank you! I had 4-5 events last year with thunder-snow. Hopefully this one has a longer duration of thundersnow instead of just 1 or 2 claps so I can get a nice video of it. Thundersnow is tough to capture! I think I got it on video twice last season.

Archived