• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2014

Rtd208

Keep in mind in this kind of upcoming pattern EC storms will come on arctic waves.

They will come out of N branch and run under the pressing HP. Its just going take one to run from Hatteras to Nantucket .

Remember when watching the models over the next few weeks as the vortex presses in Canada storms will appear shunted then as it relaxes the systems will line up and if models see too much relaxing one will cut.

The key for me is the water is still warm off the EC and LP has been developing there recently.

So I am optimistic that there is snow in this pattern .

I like a pressing vortex In E Canada it's the coasts best chance for seeing early snow accumulations.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadliest catch

• TodaySE wind 45 kt increasing to 70 kt by late morning. Bering side...seas 20 ft building to 28 ft in the afternoon. Pacific side...seas 24 ft building to 35 ft in the afternoon. Rain.
  • TonightSW wind 70 kt. Seas 45 ft. Rain showers.
  • SatSW wind 55 kt. Seas 39 ft bering side...41 ft pacific side. Rain showers.
  • Sat NightW wind 60 kt. Seas 40 ft.

I was thinking that yesterday-if the boats are out there now, they're about to take a huge beating.

I find it amazing that the temperature patterns from Sept, Oct and Nov of this year are strikingly very similar to last year's Sept-Nov period. The central theme for both years: Warm Sept and Oct with a 90+ degree reading in Sept with sunny and dry conditions, then a windy, cold and stormy start to November. We had our first sub-50*F high and sub-40*F low at about the same dates. NYC hit freezing on November 13 last year, and we will have our first sub-freezing night near that time frame this year.

So it looks like the Nuri ET set the new Bering Sea record for lowest pressure coming in at

924 mb on the latest update. It's really going to pump the EPO ridge to very strong levels.

CURRENT RECORD LOWEST PRESSURE OBSERVED
IN THE BERING SEA IS 925 MB MEASURED AT DUTCH HARBOR ON OCTOBER 25

N    D       J      F     M

1976-77      T    5.1  13.0  5.8   0.6       24.5

For those rooting on the 1976 analog cold and dry shows up .

I remember watching a couple of events miss us to the south that January 1977 - this pattern we are about to enter the next few weeks is exactly what we want in December through February - the PV this month is NOT going to visit us directly - stays to our north then moves northeast  BUT sets up  recurring reinforcements of Arctic air with multiple blocking in all directions basically and a split flow -El Nino jet stream pattern 

I remember watching a couple of events miss us to the south that January 1977 - this pattern we are about to enter the next few weeks is exactly what we want in December through February - the PV this month is NOT going to visit us directly - stays to our north then moves northeast  BUT sets up  recurring reinforcements of Arctic air with multiple blocking in all directions basically and a split flow -El Nino jet stream pattern

I agree. I am usually inclined to want to bring the cold air east then take my chances with storms . Then its just timing as the vortex pulses in or retrograde out it usually opens up a window on the EC

Archived