• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2014 General Discussion

Geos

I think there will be guys out ice fishing this weekends in certain areas...back pockets freeze over very quickly..already shore ice is forming. 

NAEFS still shows normal to even above normal temps the last of November, so i think a thaw is coming. 

I saw the sun for exactly 20 minutes this morning...looked/felt great...flurries and clouds ever since...  i can handle the cold, but the endless cloudy days get old. 

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opposite of last night, I have a solid coating of 0.1" (almost 0.2" but not quite) of snow from late this afternoon while DTW just had a T.

Actually ended up at 0.2" here. the coating in the grass to the naked eye looked more like 0.1, but on the deck & snowboard it was clearly 0.2". Some snow pellets mixed in as well. The models have gotten less and less impressive for tomorrow nights wave (now it looks like a dusting barely, so much for my inch) but more impressive for Mon-Thur. One way or another we should be getting some more measurable snow this week.

The pool, pond and the creek in our back yard had ice yesterday and has increased in thickness overnight. Very impressive for this time of year. The odd snowflake and light accumulations only to evaporate before much can be made of it.

Over the next few years we will reminisce over this stretch of weather with awe......

made it all the way down to 2 this morning but the sun sure is a welcome site.  took this out my front window just now.  still digging out some areas, just in time for a fresh dumping early in the week! Superior running colder than this time last year.  Alek may be on to something.

snow shoed up to highest point on my property at around 1630'.  my house is down in the distance in the pic.  there's 2 deer blinds in the woods, and I wanted to make sure there were no trespasser's  hunting.

made it all the way down to 2 this morning but the sun sure is a welcome site.  took this out my front window just now.  still digging out some areas, just in time for a fresh dumping early in the week! Superior running colder than this time last year.  Alek may be on to something.

attachicon.gifIMG_1010.JPG

Chomping at the bit to play in the snow with the equipment.... Looks like paradise to me.

After last winter your equipment was probably exhausted...but now its ready to go back out and play :).

Did you get a few salts in or did the lake effect not make it across the border?

No salts yet... Was hoping for tonight but looks to be a very bullish 1/2" by DTX. EC has flurries at 60%. Time will tell. Still have to fluff the pile of rock salt; right now its more rock than salt.

Archived