joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2014 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit 33.3 here this am, close but no cigar. Was 39.6 when I walked out door to work a bit ago, already below the 40 NWS calling for low and not a cloud in sky with calm winds. I see a freeze in am, missed by 1.3 degrees this am and it was 43.7 when I left for work last night at 10 pm.

Fail again, clouds rolled in around 2 am and locked us in 34-35 range rest of night, overnight low was 34.2, warmer than night before but a bust for the 40 NWS was calling for. Now it is raining, have 0.10 in gauge since it started 30-35 minutes ago, temp is down to 57.0 after a high of 70.1. Had a 26 mph gust when the rain first started too.

Very true!   I think the "weather" in my new back yard would be very boring to most weather nuts?  Been here almost 3 months now and steady rain on 1 day, 3 other days with thunderstorms (cool hail storms 2 times) in the area and almost every other day blue sky with zero clouds anywhere anytime. Never imagined I be wishing to just to see a cloud. LOL. 

the opposite weather pattern east coast / west coast is certainly playing out right now as we are in the 80's here again today! I am actually going to the pool with my daughter when she gets home from school today.. we did hike on glaciers and snow pack 30 miles from our house on Saturday so the year round snow peaks are really fun to have so close. 

Sunny and 65 is weather also.  Just sayin ........

Just incredible.  Shut out again last night.  0.00"   That huge batch of rain to the SW last night completely vanished apparently.  1 mile south of my neighborhood the wet roads and roadside puddles begin.  Co-worker who lives in Warren Co just south of Front Royal said it poured there.... again.

And WTF happened to the cloudy day?  It's 90% clear skies here.  SMGDH.

Just incredible.  Shut out again last night.  0.00"   That huge batch of rain to the SW last night completely vanished apparently.  1 mile south of my neighborhood the wet roads and roadside puddles begin.  Co-worker who lives in Warren Co just south of Front Royal said it poured there.... again.

You're going to have to go with a different attitude toward rain.  You aren't doing something right.

I probably need to start actively rooting against it.

It's a damn shame that I don't like endless sunshine, drought, and wind, because if I did, then I'd love this place.

Don't worry. Before you know it, you will be getting nice dry snow while everyone else that has been getting rain, still is lol.

Man I'm really starting to wonder who you ticked off......had 0.77 yesterday here with that rain complex, just had another 0.32 swing thru in 20 minutes within the last hour in a thundershower and it is still raining. You know anyone that could do a rain dance for your neighborhood?

Man I'm really starting to wonder who you ticked off......had 0.77 yesterday here with that rain complex, just had another 0.32 swing thru in 20 minutes within the last hour in a thundershower and it is still raining. You know anyone that could do a rain dance for your neighborhood?

Somebody, somewhere seems to have put a curse on the northern Shenandoah valley in general, and on my neighborhood in particular.  It is steadily drizzling right now (and has been for about 15 minutes), and the ground is at least wet; that's a baby step in the right direction.

Are you in the path of a bunch of double wides creating a down sloping rain shadow?

Man, I wish I knew an explanation for this.  The dry zone is very well defined and pretty consistent (especially in the warm season), so it can't just be continued bad luck.  But, I've never seen it this bad here.  This has blown away 2010.

Somebody, somewhere seems to have put a curse on the northern Shenandoah valley in general, and on my neighborhood in particular. It is steadily drizzling right now (and has been for about 15 minutes), and the ground is at least wet; that's a baby step in the right direction.

Man, I wish I knew an explanation for this. The dry zone is very well defined and pretty consistent (especially in the warm season), so it can't just be continued bad luck. But, I've never seen it this bad here. This has blown away 2010.

The good thing is that nature will always even things out. You can expect to jackpot with all the rain storms during DJF

Archived