• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July 2014

SACRUS

Had a gust front move through here as well, winds were prob gusting to 30-40 off and on for a few minutes.  The actual rain and storms followed and seem to be nothing out of the ordinary.

I've been following coverage from Upstate NY and there have been 3 fatalities in Madison County, southeast of Syracuse.  No confirmed tornado as of yet from what I can tell.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a gust front move through here as well, winds were prob gusting to 30-40 off and on for a few minutes. The actual rain and storms followed and seem to be nothing out of the ordinary.

I've been following coverage from Upstate NY and there have been 3 fatalities in Madison County, southeast of Syracuse. No confirmed tornado as of yet from what I can tell.

Reports of homes collapsed causing those deaths. Sad news.

Same deal in Morristown. Although it broke apart, we still received numerous impressive wind gusts and a brief downpour. Zero lightning. Estimating gusts to about 50mph... Scanner is indicating large tree limbs down on power lines throughout the county, many transformer fires.

Same deal in Morristown. Although it broke apart, we still received numerous impressive wind gusts and a brief downpour. Zero lightning. Estimating gusts to about 50mph... Scanner is indicating large tree limbs down on power lines throughout the county, many transformer fires.

you would think the towns and power companies would make an effort to get the trees away from the power lines after that hurricane - this is just going to keep happening

Had brief heavy rain and strong winds in New Brunswick, estimated 35-45 mph, enough to bring some small twigs and branches down. Small branch down in my front yard in Bridgewater too. Only a few flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder. Shame the line couldn't keep its intensity all the way to the coast, and I thought it might with the decent CAPE in place, but it just rarely happens. Our best storms are the ones that form very near or over us instead of way back in western PA.

Still no power here. About 25% of the town still has no power. I saw two good sized trees down and one plastic vinyl fence and a lot of smaller tree debris. Still it's nothing like Sandy or the great July 28, 2011 thunderstorm that basically took out the whole town and a lot of structures houses and roofs and 43 utility poles.

NWUS51 KPHI 090420

LSRPHI

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...CORRECTED

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

1220 AM EDT WED JUL 09 2014

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0920 PM TSTM WND GST EAST BRUNSWICK 40.43N 74.42W

07/08/2014 M63 MPH MIDDLESEX NJ TRAINED SPOTTER

&&

CORRECTED EVENT

EVENT NUMBER PHI1400457

$$

MEOLA/GORSE

Archived