• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2014

SACRUS

It's not that unusual to get a few days of nice weather after an extended wet period. Especially during the Summer months.

We're fast approaching now the end of what most around here would consider the boring stretch that begins around May 1st. How much the Tropics ramp up is yet to be determined, but we won't go the entire season with only one named storm. 1992 didn't see its first named storm until August 17th (Andrew) and the season still finished with 7 named storms.

Then it's onto early noreaster season. Perhaps an early shot of snow and then we're off and running.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that unusual to get a few days of nice weather after an extended wet period. Especially during the Summer months.

We're fast approaching now the end of what most around here would consider the boring stretch that begins around May 1st. How much the Tropics ramp up is yet to be determined, but we won't go the entire season with only one named storm. 1992 didn't see its first named storm until August 17th (Andrew) and the season still finished with 7 named storms.

Then it's onto early noreaster season. Perhaps an early shot of snow and then we're off and running.

I feel like May to July is pretty interesting since we've had a number of severe threats to track. if the tropics are quiet August and September can be very dry and boring like 2005 before we got bombarded in October. 

I feel like May to July is pretty interesting since we've had a number of severe threats to track. if the tropics are quiet August and September can be very dry and boring like 2005 before we got bombarded in October. 

Each year is different. But those months are normally fairly mundane ourside of thunderstorms and rouge tropical threat.

Just like that things change. The Euro is wet for Sunday and the first part of Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

We should stay dry through at least Saturday though.

Damn it there goes fishing on sunday after work! :/ glad you got your rain last night though, yesterday i had ALOT of lightning, torrential rain but not much thunder. Not a severe day but certainly not a dull one either

Each year is different. But those months are normally fairly mundane ourside of thunderstorms and rouge tropical threat.

I find April - May and October - November (expect for the last 3 years or so) the most boring...heat, hurricanes, and thunderstorms are fun to track just like cold and snow.

I find April - May and October - November (expect for the last 3 years or so) the most boring...heat, hurricanes, and thunderstorms are fun to track just like cold and snow.

April can be fun because you can still get a snow event or a stratiform precipitation system. Once the end of May rolls around a majority of our precipitation falls from convection or the occasional tropical system or remnants of such.

The most boring months are usually mid to late March through May. The only reason September is interesting is because of the tropics otherwise it could arguably be considered the most boring month weather wise.

I love October and November because they can really deliver and be quite exciting, and the entire transition from hot to cold, shortening days, and the foliage is awesome.

Just like that things change. The Euro is wet for Sunday and the first part of Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

We should stay dry through at least Saturday though.

Sunday looks fine right now as long as things don't speed up.

Cmon man.

That retrograding block looks more like we saw during March 2001. ;)

We could definitely add to our above normal rainfall totals as energy

will try to undercut the block. But we could see some model mayhem

since the models usually struggle with the details as these high latitude

blocks migrate to the west.

attachicon.gifA.gif

attachicon.gifB.gif

attachicon.gifgfs-ens_z500a_nhem_41.png

attachicon.gifgfs-ens_z500a_nhem_61.png

March 2001. Thanks for bringing that fun period back up .

I think that trough deepens and some very cool numbers show up around the lakes into upstate NY and NE as well .

March 2001. Thanks for bringing that fun period back up .

I think that trough deepens and some very cool numbers show up around the lakes into upstate NY and NE as well .

Looks like a rollercoaster pattern with present cool anomalies giving way to warmer day 6-10 and cooler 11-15.

That perma-trough over the Great Lakes hasn't allowed the warmth to lock in pretty much since last August.

Looks like a rollercoaster pattern with present cool anomalies giving way to warmer day 6-10 and cooler 11-15.

That perma-trough over the Great Lakes hasn't allowed the warmth to lock in pretty much since last August.

agree bluewave but so far the warmer anomalies have been stronger overall.  Especially from out southern sections in CNJ on south towards philly where departures were close to +2 or greater halfway through july.  Closer to +1 - 1.5 in NYC and east, 

I have a temp departure of +1.0 so far this month here.  It's been warm but nothing impressive or anomalous. Mostly night time mins and humidity driven. 90 degree days are 5 thus far in July. Precip at 5" and about 32" on the year.

Summer pretty much going as planned so far w/ the coolness in the Lakes and back and forth in the northeast, biased warm.

Archived