joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The official 2014 Summer Discussion Thread

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local NWS forecast has a chance of precip for the next 8 days. GFS, both the 00z and 06z have a chance of precip each day for the next 16 days! :D NAM shows over 1.5" in their 84 hour model. MeteoStar 'says' over 4.5" in that 16 day timespan. WPC map broadbrushes a lot of this area (Central NC) with 2.5"-3" in the next 7 days ~ CoolWx and Meteogram Generator show roughly the same.  Let's see how it all plays out. Hopefully we'll get some rain, with enough breaks to mow the weeds. ;)

It's going to be awfuly dry then, cause the 12Z GFS is knocking it out of the park with rain chances over the next 15 days.

It's actually had that look all summer. Most of us have just been unlucky with these pop up storms. I'm not expecting any rain this month lol.

It's hasn't rained yet.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/data/gfs/12/gfs_namer_192_precip_ptot.gif

Looks like Accuweather beat them to the punch. LOL......

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/polar-vortex-returns-midwest-storms/30180885

So did, Capital Weather Gang.  Just unbelievable.

Poor man’s polar vortex to make shocking summer return in eastern U.S. next week

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/07/10/poor-mans-polar-vortex-to-make-shocking-summer-return-in-eastern-u-s-next-week/?utm_content=bufferf5c06&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So did, Capital Weather Gang.  Just unbelievable.

Poor man’s polar vortex to make shocking summer return in eastern U.S. next week

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/07/10/poor-mans-polar-vortex-to-make-shocking-summer-return-in-eastern-u-s-next-week/?utm_content=bufferf5c06&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

They also tweeted "Haunting similarities" between that and January....an hour after their original tweet of their article, assuming for more retweets and hype.

To be fair, the upper air pattern depicted looks an awful lot like a winter pattern. But that being said, I wish people would just stop with the whole polar vortex thing. The term is only used to create drama. They just need to drop it.

CR it is almost identical with the winter pattern. The EPO is going negative which is pumping up heights in the West as the PNA is going very positive and the AO and NAO are slightly negative which will help drive down the colder air mass. It is amazing we keep getting this pattern from time to time.

To be fair, the upper air pattern depicted looks an awful lot like a winter pattern. But that being said, I wish people would just stop with the whole polar vortex thing. The term is only used to create drama. They just need to drop it.

Christmas in July  :P 

Hopefully the front will be as strong as the models are teasing me with, and will usher in some much needed rainfall with maybe some severe thrown in(Tues and Wed) for good measure  ;) 

CR it is almost identical with the winter pattern. The EPO is going negative which is pumping up heights in the West as the PNA is going very positive and the AO and NAO are slightly negative which will help drive down the colder air mass. It is amazing we keep getting this pattern from time to time.

Yes sir.

Christmas in July  :P 

Hopefully the front will be as strong as the models are teasing me with, and will usher in some much needed rainfall with maybe some severe thrown in(Tues and Wed) for good measure  ;)

I hope so too. I would think we'd stand a pretty good chance for rain. But the jury is still out on how cool it will get. I feel like it won't be quite as "nice" as the models are indicating right now. We'll see. Either way, it won't be 98 with a dew point of 72, and that's good!

The NAO and AO are not going drastically negative, so cold air wont push that far south. Probably some average to slightly below average temperatures for the SE. Different story for the northern states... Hate to be in CA or AZ early next week...

2yx2cg6.png 

I just stuck an 18" twig into a 1/4" crack in my lawn and didnt hit bottom!! I am expecting magma to bubble to the surface by this weekend. So I dont care if the polar vortex is coming or not. As long as something changes this pattern now.

Watch out! You may fall into that crack and come out in Waycross! :)

The temps aren't that important, when it's mid July, I expect 80s! It's the low dewpoints ( 40s-50s) that will feel refreshing ! I don't think anyone was expecting full sun highs in the 60s!! Jeez, some people always got to be Debbie Downers! You should only have to hear about polarvortex in winter, and should only have to deal with certain posters in the winter! Suck me sideways

Archived