• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/ Summer 2014 Convection Discussion

weatherwiz

One of the scariest moments ever...driving along Rt 7 in Gaylordsville. There was a detour due to a down branch hanging in the road so we followed this tractor trailer so we could get back to Rt 7. Well we had a stop sign and then red light so he got a bit ahead of us...we go up the road further around the bend and there was the tractor trailer in an accident...skidded off the rd, hit a fence and a tree and blocking road...rig totaled and driver completely shaken up...stayed there until cops came. We asked if he was all right and he couldn't even talk. If we didn't hit that red light we would have been right behind him when it happened. He was walking though and talking...numbed knee and shoulder.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cell headed for New Haven had been showing midlevel rotation for a few scans, a while back… So I decided to go have a peek at it, get a visual on the base. I need not have bothered, the base was disorganized and outflowish looking, becoming more elevated as I watched. Only sign of rotation were some remnant curved midlevel inflow bands that had already detached from the main updraft. In short, a disorganized mess, falling apart, not at all chase-worthy. Some cool lightning, though, a lot of it seemingly tinted deep orange for some reason.  

A few rumbles here last evening as well. Two day rain total thus far is 0.97". BDF heaven, 44.8°F.

1" plus here, I have not emptied the gauge but can see the over flow in the large cylinder so i know we have at least 1", Well above for the month here

Archived