amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 28-30th Severe Threat and Flood event potential

mackerel_sky

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of the cells around Fayetteville getting "the look" about them........ 3-4 couplets forming in that cluster

Yep...that one just to the NE of Fayetteville, I wouldn't be surprised to see a TOR warning soon.  New cells firing up a bit west.  If they hold together, they should move into the Raleigh area later.

There it is:

TORNADO WARNINGNCC051-163-292045-/O.NEW.KRAH.TO.W.0015.140429T1955Z-140429T2045Z/BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDTORNADO WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC355 PM EDT TUE APR 29 2014THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  EASTERN CUMBERLAND COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...  NORTHWESTERN SAMPSON COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...* UNTIL 445 PM EDT* AT 354 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM  CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED 12  MILES NORTH OF JEROME...OR 13 MILES EAST OF FAYETTEVILLE...AND  MOVING NORTHEAST AT 10 MPH.* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...  ROSEBORO...STEDMAN...SALEMBURG...AUTRYVILLE...VANDER AND BUSHY LAKE  NATURAL AREA.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...TAKE COVER NOW. MOVE TO A BASEMENT OR AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWESTFLOOR OF A STURDY BUILDING. AVOID WINDOWS. IF IN A MOBILE HOME OROUTDOORS...MOVE TO THE CLOSEST SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER AND PROTECTYOURSELF FROM FLYING DEBRIS.&&LAT...LON 3489 7864 3504 7879 3526 7855 3505 7834TIME...MOT...LOC 1954Z 227DEG 9KT 3501 7867$$VINCENT

Before I could post that this needed a warning, it got one.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC
400 PM EDT TUE APR 29 2014

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
  WILSON COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 430 PM EDT

* AT 359 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM 
  CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED 5 
  MILES EAST OF LACOMA... APPROACHING THE CITY OF WILSON. 

IN ADDITION TO A TORNADO...PING PONG BALL SIZE IS EXPECTED WITH THIS
STORM.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
  WILSON...ELM CITY...SHARPSBURG...LUCAMA...BLACK CREEK...WILLBANKS
  AND NEW HOPE.

Today looks like yesterday... and the last severe threat system.

(Whispering to myself... DROUGHT - for my general area.)

It's certainly looking possible that upstate SC misses out on this system and gets little to no rain from it. And no rain in forecast after this system through at least next Tuesday.

Solak is right in the line of fire with the severe storms just east and southeast of Wake Co.  Any of these could get Tornado warned at any moment...as they're all tracking near the boundary.

Watching closely. Heavy rain here, no wind, some lightning. Tops up to 45K - not too shabby for this part of the world. Hail would not surprise me with any of the storms.

Archived