CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April 28-30th Severe Threat and Flood event potential

mackerel_sky

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lost a pepper plant?  Did you give it a decent burial?  You said... a few words, right?

I love peppers.  Tell me you did "the right thing".

At the height of this storm, this morn - I found the ground "slightly moist".  I dreamed

of storms last night.  Like a Ray Bradbury short story... I was a little boy locked away

in a small room, and dismissed.  All the children of The Sandhill saw the rain.  I was tucked away,

distant from concern in the enthusiasm... forgotten.  Non-Existent.  I wept.

Perhaps one day - my posterity will not suffer the indifference and permanent scars that will haunt me

the rest of my mortal days.

"All I wanted to see... was a little rain.  The Sandhillers sucked it all up!"

Shoot! I think I got maybe .4, this was a coastal plain special!

Ok, 48 hour forecast called for 3-5" of rain for the triad. 24 hour forecast.....same. THIS MORNINGS forecast.....same.

Ground truth is that I just coached a soccer practice I didnt think I would have, i had to water my grass seed tonight and just got back from eating at the mexican restaurant.....at an OUTDOOR table.

BUST!!!

You lost a pepper plant?  Did you give it a decent burial?  You said... a few words, right?

I love peppers.  Tell me you did "the right thing".

At the height of this storm, this morn - I found the ground "slightly moist".  I dreamed

of storms last night.  Like a Ray Bradbury short story... I was a little boy locked away

in a small room, and dismissed.  All the children of The Sandhill saw the rain.  I was tucked away,

distant from concern in the enthusiasm... forgotten.  Non-Existent.  I wept.

Perhaps one day - my posterity will not suffer the indifference and permanent scars that will haunt me

the rest of my mortal days.

"All I wanted to see... was a little rain.  The Sandhillers sucked it all up!"

Speaking of Ray Bradbury..... Don't forget his short story There will come soft rains. That's what we got here..... 30 minutes worth of soft rain. Although that's not what the short story is about, it is worth the read.

I have to admit, I am not disappointed at all with the severe weather bust for this area. My heart goes out to the folks that were less fortunate.

Speaking of Ray Bradbury..... Don't forget his short story There will come soft rains. That's what we got here..... 30 minutes worth of soft rain. Although that's not what the short story is about, it is worth the read.

I have to admit, I am not disappointed at all with the severe weather bust for this area. My heart goes out to the folks that were less fortunate.

We get swept-up in the excitement.  Most of us do think of those that become incapacitated

during these events.  We do.  

I often imagine myself in a situation that some in the SE have experienced the last few days.

I feel sure, however, that all the good folk here will help me, if needed.

I'm sure.

Thanks, CAD... for keeping us "minding".

(I'll check your ref, too.)

I was at work when the squall line came thru earlier this evening but we had a wind gust upwards of 30+mph. My total rainfall for the day so far is 1.16 inches with all of it falling after 5pm. Looks like more rain is on the way within the next few hours. Glad I got my grass cut yesterday. :thumbsup:

Ah yes... the good old 'Coastal Pain' :D

Latest AFD

THE COASTAL PAIN WILL BE THE PRIMARY AREA FOR CONVECTIVE DEVELOPMENT THIS AFTERNOON...WHERE DEWPOINTS IN THE UPPER 60S WILL STILL SUPPORT SOME WEAK MLCAPE OF UP TO 500 J/KG.  DESPITE STRONG DEEP LAYER SHEAR...THE THREAT OF SEVERE WEATHER WILL BE STRONGLY INHIBITED BY THE LACK OF BETTER INSTABILITY.  THE MOST RECENT HRRR RUN SHOWS SHOWERS AND POSSIBLY ISOLATED STORMS AS JUST EAST OF SCOTLAND/HOKE/HARNETT COUNTIES BY 18Z...BUT THAT MAY EVEN BE TOO FAR WEST BASED ON UPSTREAM RADAR TRENDS.   WILL MAKE SOME ADJUSTMENTS TO POPS AND SKY COVER THIS MORNING...LOWERING BOTH OVER THE CENTRAL PIEDMONT...KEEP A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND ISOLATED STORMS ALL EAST OF I-95.  OTHERWISE...THE CURRENT FORECAST FOR MID 70S TO LOWER 80S AND SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS GUSTING TO 24-28KT OVER THE PIEDMONT LOOKS GOOD.

Archived