joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/18-3/19 Icy Event

JoshM

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting a nice glaze developing here in NW Cary/Morrisville area. Trees are starting to get very shiny. We're def going to break that .1 zr threshold tonight. I'm wondering if we could go for .25 if our temps get down in the 29/30 range like the nam's been teasing the last few days.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'll take my flashlight to bed with me. Again!

Looks like we changed over to sleet now.  Moderate sleet.  Thankfully......

Eh, there might be some ZR mixed in, though.  The ZR mixed in caught me off-guard with the 3/6-3/7 ice storm.  I thought we were just getting a lot of pingers for hours on end when there was apparently substantial ZR mixing in.....

The NWS finally changed my point forecast from "Freezing Drizzle Likely" to "Wintry Mix".

Doing some basic radar observation, we're screwed in the triad. Lots of new moisture training across the area into temps already dropping thru the high 20's. This better flip to sleet quickly or those of us who had power last storm wont have it much longer. Already significant icing on the trees.

Randolph county is on 3 hour delay as of now. They'll call at 530 in the a.m. and cancel like always. Anyways ice is building up pretty good. Surface temps are a lot colder than last event, but not as much moisture and wind as of yet. Have noticed it creeping up slightly from a almost calm stage. Hear the ole trees making that crackling noise every little whisper of the wind. Everything is frozen ,steps, cars even high grass. The roads are still wet as of the moment. Looked like some melting flakes in the headlights coming home from town a few minutes ago.

Randolph county is on 3 hour delay as of now. They'll call at 530 in the a.m. and cancel like always. Anyways ice is building up pretty good. Surface temps are a lot colder than last event, but not as much moisture and wind as of yet. Have noticed it creeping up slightly from a almost calm stage. Hear the ole trees making that crackling noise every little whisper of the wind. Everything is frozen ,steps, cars even high grass. The roads are still wet as of the moment. Looked like some melting flakes in the headlights coming home from town a few minutes ago.

How far are you from Denton?

Archived