amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 17-19th Potential Storm.

Heisy

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its way too early to call. The precip shield is very close. Could shift either way.

That being said, its a spring storm, its hard enough to get these things to work during the regular winter much less spring. I don't take this storm seriously, haven't been tracking it either.

Give me a day off from work, or who cares.

Here's Glenn's 4pm initial thoughts. If you look at the scale, I would imagine in/around Philly 2-4", 1-3" in the lighter shade N....etc. More S but mixing issues I would think. He didn't say about amounts, just a guess. At least some of the precip falls at night which is a plus.

What is mt holly thinking here with the snow map? Guess they are relying heavily on NAM?

I'm not gonna sit here and bash NWS.  Lets just say I respectfully disagree.

They're not living and dying by a model run or a single model suite.  They're giving their forecast based upon the information they have--ALL the information they have,

They're not living and dying by a model run or a single model suite. They're giving their forecast based upon the information they have.

Yep, everyone here jumped shift after ONE model suite. It it continues to do it then I'll agree with y'all. Otherwise writing this off already is hogwash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We haven't all jumped ship - some of us are hanging in there and waiting to see what the next model runs show. It was disappointing seeing the trends today, on all the models as Hazwoper pointed out. I think there's a bit of deja vu feeling from 2 weeks ago also, even though the dynamics are different. We'll be okay :)

Archived