Newest Member
    joxey
March 7th Potential Freezing Rain Event

NorthArlington101

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the 12z run Jeb... 00z took it all away and gave us nothing

Well I can rest up then. That damn plow piled up so much snow on my driveway which is what ultimately kicked my 8ss. It's only the 00z, throw it out. This thing has a lot of parts and it will trend all over, but it'll be back. Stock up on Red Bull and massive amounts of caffeine 'cos we are all gonna be up for days tracking it

Would need the CAD wedge to hold in just perfectly on this one and the precip timing needs to come at night to overcome marginal air and sun angle. Hoping for the best.

I am ready for the cherry blossom festival, looks like a marginal typical mid March event so climo argues against anything noteworthy.

Interestingly enough, I learned from a few briefings that counties are completely out of salt and do not plan to buy more. Another hit would mean trouble for the metro

Heard the same thing.  If the currently modeled apps runner for next week trends east like most others have this year at this range, it could be interesting.

12z parallel NAM had a big slug of precip overspreading the region early Friday with the potential for a little ice in the metro and a lot more northwest.   Tonight's 00z NAM also has a lot of precip for us, but it's slower so that the precip is Friday night into Saturday with the entire area above freezing (although not with a lot of margin for error).

Decent rain Fri night on the 00z NAM as high risk mentioned in the post above... depends where you live though... west of BR less than half an inch, close to an inch of rain near I-95 corridor... close to 1.5" QPF as you get into S MD and out towards the Bay areas... temps look to be in upper 30s/lower 40s

Decent rain Fri night on the 00z NAM as high risk mentioned in the post above... depends where you live though... west of BR less than half an inch, close to an inch of rain near I-95 corridor... close to 1.5" QPF as you get into S MD and out towards the Bay areas... temps look to be in upper 30s/lower 40s

+9C at 950mb. Sharp inversion at the sfc.

Archived