Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
3/2-3/2014 Storm OBS

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34 degrees and nothing so far.....I think this takes the cake for worst "event" of the winter. As painful as this is 2/6/10 was worse.  I can't believe Virginia took our snow in March LOL.

2/6/10 was probably the worst snow miss ever for me, beating out some of the ones I had in State College when I lived there and even March 2001. 75 miles more with the mega band and NYC could have come close to an all time snowiest winter. I literally watched the dark clouds from that for hours sit right off the beach while I pretty much had just flurries-there was a period of lighter snow which dropped 2-3" total by me. There were good radar echos overhead for a while but the dry air was so entrenched that much less hit the ground. This one won't be anything like that-even Philly might only come out of this with 4-6".

2/6/10 was probably the worst snow miss ever for me, beating out some of the ones I had in State College when I lived there and even March 2001. 75 miles more with the mega band and NYC could have come close to an all time snowiest winter. I literally watched the dark clouds from that for hours sit right off the beach while I pretty much had just flurries-there was a period of lighter snow which dropped 2-3" total by me. There were good radar echos overhead for a while but the dry air was so entrenched that much less hit the ground. This one won't be anything like that-even Philly might only come out of this with 4-6".

OT but does anybody have a radar loop from that storm? Insane how the echoes just hit a brick wall

State of Emergencies are being issued way to much these days for run of the mill moderate snowstorms. Years ago a State of Emergency would not even be considered unless you were expecting at least a foot of snow. I can understand issuing one allows for certain state and federal resources to be used or for cost recovery but come on.

Lol gov just declared a state of emergency lol

Man are the meteorologist going to take a hit!

State of Emergencies are being issued way to much these days for run of the mill moderate snowstorms. Years ago a State of Emergency would not even be considered unless you were expecting at least a foot of snow. I can understand issuing one allows for certain state and federal resources to be used or for cost recovery but come on.

It gains political mileage for the idiots issuing them.  My state is certainly no exception.  Hey, I didn't vote for these horses azzes.

Archived