joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I didn't live there to witness that bust.

Agreed...  That would be awful.

Thankfully, Ji lives in Leesburg, so he saw some snow out of that or he might have been a gonner...

I'll always remember Jeremy's post from that storm...  :lmao:

Epic FAIL for DC. The Mid-Atlantic meltdowns are ongoing. DC scaled back to 1-2". Cantore was at the National Mall standing on bare ground.

Glad I didn't live there to witness that bust.

Meanwhile,while they were melting down, not too many miles to the west near Front Royal, Frazdaddy, weatherNC and I were enjoying a beautiful 20" snowfall.  Not to mention the delicious, snow packed chicken.

large.jpg

Meanwhile,while they were melting down, not too many miles to the west near Front Royal, Frazdaddy, weatherNC and I were enjoying a beautiful 20" snowfall.  Not to mention the delicious, snow packed chicken.

large.jpg

I work in Front Royal during the summer at the SCBI, lovely place!  And snowy!!

Doesn't look like a big deal for RDU. Mostly rain.

Yep...I personally don't see this as being a big deal for anyone in the SE.  The higher elevations could do OK if they get the qpf.  There might be some ip/zr to start off but even the zr will be at 32 degress so don't expect that be a major impact.  Then most warm above freezing and end up w/ a soaking rain storm.  If there was some cold air, this could of been and epic storm.

Yeah a couple of weenie runs on some weenie models( UKMet / navgem) sent most into epic storm mode, along with a few tweets that put most into a frenzy. Now it's back to reality , even if its 32 , the heavy rain would not allow for much ice accretion , so the upper low may be our only hope? Well see how that works out!?

Yep...I personally don't see this as being a big deal for anyone in the SE.  The higher elevations could do OK if they get the qpf.  There might be some ip/zr to start off but even the zr will be at 32 degress so don't expect that be a major impact.  Then most warm above freezing and end up w/ a soaking rain storm.  If there was some cold air, this could of been and epic storm.

Yep, classic March storm.  Congrats mountains, elevation.  Don't believe anybody has anything else other than a novelty IMO.  Be nice to be wrong though. 

Surprised Robert went so gung ho last night.  I think he's going to bust.  If not, he'll be a genius!

I guess it could always come in colder. But usually in these situations where it is very close and could go either way it goes the way of just rain for us.

I think it would be best in this situation for the local TV mets here to just say it could go either way, we really don't know for sure, so be prepared for anything. But I wonder if they will actually do that.

Between ATL and AHN I do not know what to believe.......Metogram through Bufkit warehouse has insane snow forcast.  I know better than to take it at face value though but it is impressive if it happens.  I could be looking at it all wrong too.  LOL

Man, learn something new everyday. I always thought the Triangle area was considered in the central piedmont, but it is actually in the eastern piedmont, and the Triad is in the central, with Charlotte in the western. I didn't realize so much of eastern NC was considered in the coastal plain.

Yeah, I hadn't looked at the actual geographical boundaries in a long time. I assumed Raleigh was in the central piedmont due to it's location in the State, which in my eye is skewed by the Outer Banks. But in context to the official geographical zoning, it's definitely in the eastern piedmont.

Yeah, I hadn't looked at the actual geographical boundaries in a long time. I assumed Raleigh was in the central piedmont due to it's location in the State, which in my eye is skewed by the Outer Banks. But in context to the official geographical zoning, it's definitely in the eastern piedmont.

Either way, it doesn't look like anyone wants to make a commitment to what we'll get tonight. RAH seems to downplay it for RDU and looks like mostly rain, but then the NWS local forecast has 1 to 3 inches of snow and ice for Wake Forest. I don't think anyone really knows.

Either way, it doesn't look like anyone wants to make a commitment to what we'll get tonight. RAH seems to downplay it for RDU and looks like mostly rain, but then the NWS local forecast has 1 to 3 inches of snow and ice for Wake Forest. I don't think anyone really knows.

Whatever the RGEM shows in 10 mins is what I am riding.

I'll commit. We will get a small amount of front end sleet/freezing rain and then quickly turn to all rain. It won't be a big deal.

Whatever the RGEM shows in 10 mins is what I am riding.

It is going to be warmer than the last run and less precip. The H5 low will not be as strong and the 850s will be farther north. The precip will be slower to arrive and the high will slide out quicker and will not be as strong.

Archived