joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verbatim the 19z HRRR has NEGA as snow/sleet between 5-6pm, closer to 6pm. GSP/HKY too.

For NEGA last 2-3 hours.

This may be a dumb question , but if the rain has set in and temps really aren't dropping anymore, can it just turn to snow and sleet, I guess if something changes higher up ? I don't recall seeing this to often ?

You're correct.  Now find me a reputable forecast that calls for significant snow, sleet or ice in your area.

They don't, but they all say it could be more or less, and it's only by a degree or two. There really isn't anything definite. And the forecast is not always right, either. We are on the borderline, which is what I was saying. Of course, it was also a joke with the Madonna song.

Wow! We have the dreaded county split ! N half of the county, wwa. S half nothing! That 85 storm shield works every time!

That drives me nuts.!

Question: Do y'all think I-85 from Charlotte to greenville SC will be OK to drive before 10 pm? My husband is in a meeting in Charlotte and plans to drive home tonight.

No. That doesn't even make sense. Precip was supposed to start here at 7am and it didn't start til 9AM. Also it was supposed to rain all day and it didn't. :P

Hint.  If a post contains the words colder and frozen, it is not talking about Waycross.

That drives me nuts.!

Question: Do y'all think I-85 from Charlotte to greenville SC will be OK to drive before 10 pm? My husband is in a meeting in Charlotte and plans to drive home tonight.

Yes, it will be fine! The warm temps the last few days and very marginal temps for this event and 85 being a major rd, I would feel very safe driving that drive.

Archived