Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2014 Observations

metalicwx366

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

61.  Light coating of Pear blossoms in my hood  Came down quite heavily at times today.

Just rounded up the last of 9-12 cats (the semi-retarded one) from evening outdoor play.

Suppose I looked at least as retarded running through the hood trying to entice her.

Autism... I think she has.  She doesn't respond to "the cat treat bag shake".  But, when she has

treats in front of her... she counts them like match sticks.  You should see those little paws

and tiny shark eyes at work.  

All well.  Not real excited 'bout Tue/Wed event.  My wife will be off and at home. 

.10" yesterday afternoon. Pretty rare temp differential around here this morning. Usually, KJNX is the cold spot over this way, but this morning they dropped to 34, while over at the Clayton Research Facility on Hwy 70, it got down to 32. Usually it the other way around.

61.  Light coating of Pear blossoms in my hood  Came down quite heavily at times today.

Just rounded up the last of 9-12 cats (the semi-retarded one) from evening outdoor play.

Suppose I looked at least as retarded running through the hood trying to entice her.

Autism... I think she has.  She doesn't respond to "the cat treat bag shake".  But, when she has

treats in front of her... she counts them like match sticks.  You should see those little paws

and tiny shark eyes at work.  

Just reading this now....stunning visuals. Still laughing. Thank you.

22.1 degrees of foliage crushing destruction!

22 at my house as well yesterday.  My hydrangea buds are toast but everything else pretty much died when I went below zero earlier this winter in particular my poor gardenia.  It hit 27 this morning before clouds came in and warmed us up above freezing.

60.2 today

Few days from April and the trees are way behind schedule,barely any leafing.Only thing blooming are the bradford pears and a few others.

So true.

This morning the daffodils looked sad. All wilted from the cold. Its hard to believe but I still remember fairly well back in 2011 this time frame trees had pollinated loosing their pollen strings with a full canopy by the 1st of April. Even last year compare to this time the growth was alot further. Its amazing really at the cold because its putting everything a good month to month an half behind schedule.

So true.

This morning the daffodils looked sad. All wilted from the cold. Its hard to believe but I still remember fairly well back in 2011 this time frame trees had pollinated loosing their pollen strings with a full canopy by the 1st of April. Even last year compare to this time the growth was alot further. Its amazing really at the cold because its putting everything a good month to month an half behind schedule.

I submit that things are more on what the schedule used to be back in the 60s and 70s.  In any case, it's a good thing. Plants and trees will be much less likely to be nipped by a late freeze this year.

Worst pollen season here in years - oaks are going nuts.

As explained by our local UF experts:

The coughing, sneezing says it all: pollen is everywhere

Imagine a large moving box filled with pollen grains.

That's roughly what you are seeing outside — in the form of yellow dust coating your car, and possibly the outside of your house, your clothes and your hair.

The high pollen count present across North Central Florida — likely around 1,500 pollen grains per cubic meter of air, said Mike Andreu, an associate professor of forest systems at the University of Florida School of Forest Resources and Conservation — is also what's causing you to sneeze, cough or have itchy, watery eyes.

"There's definitely a lot of pollen in the air," Andreu said, adding that this year may be a "mast year," when trees produce an overabundance of seeds and fruit.

Trees do this as a survivalist strategy to ensure continuation of the species, Andreu explained.

I submit that things are more on what the schedule used to be back in the 60s and 70s.  In any case, it's a good thing. Plants and trees will be much less likely to be nipped by a late freeze this year.

I was talking with my mother and she said the same thing.  She said my thought is skewed by the late 90s and early 2000s when leaf out happened in mid March.  I read in the Atlanta paper the other day that barring a late heavy frost the peach harvest could be epic this year at least in terms of taste.  Apparently peaches love cold winters so this winter was perfect for them.  I also want to put out there that although I'm a Georgian I actually prefer South Carolina peaches.  

How often do we see this and get robbed of the moisture return? Are MCV's that difficult to forecast in advance?

PRECIPITATION CHANCES: A LARGE MCS OVER THE DEEP SOUTH THIS MORNING
HAS SPAWNED AN MCV WHICH WILL NO DOUBT ALTER LOW-LEVEL HEIGHT/WIND
FIELDS DOWNSTREAM OVER THE SOUTHEAST/CAROLINAS THROUGH TONIGHT...
ALTERING BOTH SOUTHERLY LOW-LEVEL MOISTURE ADVECTION AND UPSLOPE
ENHANCEMENT OF FORCING...ESP IN THE WESTERN CAROLINAS. AS A
RESULT...GREATER THAN NORMAL UNCERTAINTY IS PRESENT WITH REGARD TO
PRECIP CHANCES. THOUGH LOW-LEVEL WARM ADVECTION IS UNDERWAY IN
ASSOC/W SOUTHERLY RETURN FLOW...SIGNIFICANT LOW-LEVEL MOISTURE
ADVECTION WILL LIKELY NOT OCCUR UNTIL LATE THIS EVENING/TONIGHT PER
LATEST SPC MESOANALYSIS DATA...WITH LITTLE IN THE WAY OF UPPER LEVEL
FORCING ASIDE FROM A POTENTIAL FOR SMALL AMPLITUDE DISTURBANCES IN SW
FLOW ALOFT. AS A RESULT...HAVE UPDATED THE FORECAST TO SIGNIFICANTLY
DECREASE OR REMOVE PRECIP CHANCES THE REMAINDER OF TODAY. PRECIP
CHANCES SHOULD GRADUALLY INCREASE LATE THIS EVENING/TONIGHT AS THE
COLUMN RAPIDLY MOISTENS IN THE PRESENCE OF PERIODIC DPVA ASSOCIATED
WITH SMALL AMPLITUDE DISTURBANCES IN SW FLOW ALOFT. FORCING FOR
ASCENT MAY ALSO BE ENHANCED IN ASSOC/W AN MCV (SPAWNED BY THE DEEP-
SOUTH MCS) TRACKING ENE/NE WITH THE MEAN FLOW TOWARD SC AND S/SE
PORTIONS OF NC LATER TONIGHT. WITH THE ABOVE IN MIND...WILL SHOW A
GRADUAL INCREASE IN PRECIP CHANCES OVERNIGHT.

How often do we see this and get robbed of the moisture return? Are MCV's that difficult to forecast in advance?

Yeah they are pretty difficult to forecast. We went from a 30% chance of rain to 80% and now expecting up to 1-2 inches of rain when this morning we were going to be lucky to get an isolated shower or storm.

Archived