wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
2/18/14 snow event

weathafella

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about time, yesterday hurt your confidence, you got a hit but wanted a HR so you brooded , back at bat, always another at bat, swing away.

Yesterday didn't really bother me. It was a snowy day ...a beautiful snow, I was in the woods getting snowed on...nothing wrong with that!

about time, yesterday hurt your confidence, you got a hit but wanted a HR so you brooded , back at bat, always another at bat, swing away.

He was styling in the batters box but the ball hit the top of the monster and he only got a single...can be a bit deflating, but with another round coming up, can't lose focus.

I think most are good for adivosry type snows...but N MA and NE MA/S NH will have to watch for a sneaky stripe of high end advisory stuff...maybe even a spot low end warning total, but I think most of that would be confined to S ME.

I think most are good for adivosry type snows...but N MA and NE MA/S NH will have to watch for a sneaky stripe of high end advisory stuff...maybe even a spot low end warning total, but I think most of that would be confined to S ME.

We've had a lot of 4" events here this year... I'll take another one!   :snowman:

Yeah that sucked...watching the band nail downeast was a downer for sure. But, hey, perhaps we make up for it Tue?

Looks like a good track for us here, 59" on the season here when looking at totals in the region overall is not that awe inspiring, Due to get lucky on one, Our totals here and at the WFO looks to be similar on many occasions

Could be a nice brief band of S+ that cuts through you but I'd rather be somewhere on the Maine coastal plain where the 700mb low closes off and throws back a nice ccb.

Duration is limiting factor down here...but man, the soundings look nice. we could get smoked for a couple hours (esp north of pike)...it goes to like -21C at 600mb from -6C at 800mb...thats like 7C/km lapse rate for a brief time.

edit: 7C/km..I accidently type 9C/km the first time, lol

Duration is limiting factor down here...but man, the soundings look nice. we could get smoked for a couple hours (esp north of pike)...it goes to like -21C at 600mb from -6C at 800mb...thats like 7C/km lapse rate for a brief time.

One interesting fact to note is this hits right during the PM commute on Tuesday.

This and "esp ern areas" are probably your two most used phrases. :lol:

This and "esp ern areas" are probably your two most used phrases. :lol:

Lol this one looks better for both eastern areas and north of the pike!

I do think there could be a bit of a jackpot in litchfield Co. They do pretty well with developing SE flow. Orographic lift helps them some in this setup.

Lol this one looks better for both eastern areas and north of the pike!

I do think there could be a bit of a jackpot in litchfield Co. They do pretty well with developing SE flow. Orographic lift helps them some in this setup.

Haha, I thought your post was going to be reprimanding me for being OT. I noticed the GFS had a weenie 0.25 contour in Litchfield County tonight on one of the panels of the GFS. I'm hoping to get 3" to crack 50" for the season but if I had to guess I'd say I'll probably get 2". These awesome jackpot rules don't apply to the southern extreme of the county.

Haha, I thought your post was going to be reprimanding me for being OT. I noticed the GFS had a weenie 0.25 contour in Litchfield County tonight on one of the panels of the GFS. I'm hoping to get 3" to crack 50" for the season but if I had to guess I'd say I'll probably get 2". These awesome jackpot rules don't apply to the southern extreme of the county.

I cracked 50" a while ago in Southern Brooklyn. What's the problem?

In all seriousness, this is looking like a slop storm for the coast but does have some resemblance to 2/22/08 which had some surprises with 6" in NYC and 8" in the northern suburbs. We have to see how the boundary layer holds out with a long duration easterly fetch but this is almost a certainly suburbs/interior event in terms of major accumulation.

I agree...I think this thing will begin blossoming right over your head...probably as far west as the Berks/Litchfield Hills.

I cracked 50" a while ago in Southern Brooklyn. What's the problem?

In all seriousness, this is looking like a slop storm for the coast but does have some resemblance to 2/22/08 which had some surprises with 6" in NYC and 8" in the northern suburbs. We have to see how the boundary layer holds out with a long duration easterly fetch but this is almost a certainly suburbs/interior event in terms of major accumulation.

Horrendous event for the coast, at least you and I are concerned. I wouldn't be surprised with such a long SE fetch that at best there's a coating for most in NYC/Long Island outside the very north shore. NAM has pretty much all rain south of White Plains.

Archived