• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/18/14 snow event

weathafella

I'm really not sure where the Lakes Region/foothills stuff is coming from. I know my forecast yesterday was interior Rockingham county for the highest totals, and I still feel pretty good about that.

It wasn't anyones forecast but NAM argued dendrite to even as nw as IZG at points in time yesterday. NOBODY and I repeat NOBODY was actually forecasting it, just saying it moved SE.

Hell, I'm looking at the latest mesos now and they argue the heaviest of the banding only tickles the Maine coast...

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not sure where the Lakes Region/foothills stuff is coming from. I know my forecast yesterday was interior Rockingham county for the highest totals, and I still feel pretty good about that.

Agreed...SE NH into S ME has looked good for a while now on guidance. Monads though kind of get screwed on a east bump and they wer elookign good yesterday...but its not like SE NH and S ME were ever not the best looking.

Agreed...SE NH into S ME has looked good for a while now on guidance. Monads though kind of get screwed on a east bump and they wer elookign good yesterday...but its not like SE NH and S ME were ever not the best looking.

Yeah I was just commenting that I'm glad I kept Sullivan out of the warnings, because they may get stuck between the best forcing.

It wasn't anyones forecast but NAM argued dendrite to even as nw as IZG at points in time yesterday. NOBODY and I repeat NOBODY was actually forecasting it, just saying it moved SE.

Hell, I'm looking at the latest mesos now and they argue the heaviest of the banding only tickles the Maine coast...

So if it was never being forecast why are we talking about it? What you are saying in effect is that models have trended towards the forecast.

Euro pretty much jackpots Rockingham with a bit over 0.50" for the event. Looks like about 0.40ish up here. The RAP/HRRR have trended west all day with QPF so no worries there. Looks good for 4-7" here...about 1" already and snowing hard.

Obs took a big leap this hour towards 1/4SM across a lot of northeast MA. Just starting to really edge into NH.

Archived